Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

Anyone in Hertfordshire?

Hi There

This is my first post (probably of many!).

I have my first appt with Dr next week but due to our ages, we have decided to go privately straight away.

We don't even know why we aren't conceiving so this may be premature to ask, but can anyone recommend any private hospitals in Hertfordshire for IVF.

Any information would be great.

Thanks image

Replies

• Hi!

I live in Bedfordshire and would recommend Northampton Care every time. Their success rates are above average. I learnt so much from the girls on their forum/bulletin board and was lucky to be successful first cycle (36 when we started treatment)

Good luck,

xxx
  • Oh thanks for your reply. Sorry I've only just seen it.

That's great to have a recommendation. We were looking at a centre in Cheshunt called Herts and Essex Fertility Centre. I'll have a look into the Northampton one now.

Thanks Again image
  • hi sarah,

i live in herts, went to qe2 last year for mf, was referred on nhs to hammersmith in london. In herts on the nhs you have a choice of 5 clinics and we were told ivf hammersmith was fantastic by our consultant. We were referred beginning of sept and started our cycle early dec. I got a bfp but early mc, then did a frozen in march/april and got bfn. I am starting 2nd fresh in july. So you see nhs is pretty good in herts and you get 3 fresh and 3 frozen. Dont rule it out xxx
  • ps - hammersmith treat private and nhs x
  • So sorry about your MC and BFN. Best of luck for your next cycle.

That's really good to know about the 3 cycles and also Hammersmith Hospital. I think we will be getting on the NHS waiting list, so if our 1st cycle isn't successful, then that will be our next option.

Thanks again image