Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

IVF our only option

Me and my husband had a hospital appointment yesterday and were told that IVF will be our only option. Turns out couples me and husbands ages (both 23) should have a 80% chance of conceiving naturally, where as me and my husband only have 5% chance. I know we are struggling to have a baby but when she put it in percentages and explained it all, it made me a bit sad because we really have no chance doing this on our own.

I am really happy that they are getting things sorted though, but I have just so many mixed emotions. Does anyone else feel like this?

We will get a invitation in 2-3 weeks on IVF which we have to do before we start our treatment. Can anyone tell me, do you sign the forms there?

When she explained it she said we go to a presentation, then fill out lots of forms and then they will prepare us for the IVF. But I'm confused as to when we have had the presentation, are we supposed to ring someone (no idea who) and say we still want to carry on with it, or do they contact us. or do we sort it all out at the presentation? If anyone who has done this already I will appreciate how you did it? Thanks