Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

update from me!!

Hi ladies

I still linger on here and also read the stuff on Fertility Friends.

Mixed emotions really ...... if my first IVF had worked i'd have a 1 month old ......if second had worked I'd be 6 months pregnant!!

I started a frozen cycle which had to be abandoned as I have been diagnosed with having a hydrosalpinx... blocked fallopian tube filled fluid. so this could be the reason why my first two IVF's have failed.

next week I am going to have both tubes removed ...... so my chance of naturally conceivng will be zero!!! but on the other hand my chances of my next IVF cycle working is much greater. so at leats thats something!!! IVF will be my only option!!

i never thought this whole conceiving lark would be so stressful, involve so much surgery and be such an emotional rollercoaste, not to mention so blood expensive!!!

I wish you all well and I am hoping that we all get lucky soon.

An optimistic OG xxx

Replies

• Orangegerbara,

I'm so sorry to hear what you have gone through. It is so sad that so many of us have such a terrible journey. I wish you all of the luck in the world for your next cycle and hope that now they know what could be the problem.

Please keep in touch.

V xxx
  • Good luck chick x x you been through a lot x
  • Best of luck with everything stay positive xxx
  • hi

i have read your posts and can understand your feelings to some degree. we had ivf after 2 and half years of ttc and a difficult gynae history inc loosing a baby at 22 weeks,a healthy son an ectopic pregnancy and then removal of endometriosis oh and not forgetting 2 lots of treatment for cin2(abnormal cervical cells).people who have not stuggled cannot comprehend whats it like to go through what you are going through. you are very strong and brave and i believe this is what will get you your baby in the end.

dont give up xx
  • Orangegerbera

Sorry to read your post, but good news they are able to treat it. Fingers crossed all will work out in the end.

All the best.

Sarah xx
  • How are you doing, OG?
  • Hello Ladies..... start downregging tomorrow .... excited and nervous all at the same time!!!

thanks Bublicious - how's everything with you?

god I have injections!!!

hope you are all well.

xx
  • Hello OG

I have not been on BE for a while but also one of the old timers sadly. Just to let you know you are not alone, I am also starting my injections tomorrow. I am on a short flare protocol so will be ahead of you if all goes well but will be similar.

Have done one lot of IVF before and 2lots of FET but still nervous as have only done long protocol before.

Xx
  • good luck ladies! i am also down reg at moment have been for two weeks already! and not got scan till next Monday. .

lots hope we all have some luck this time round x x x
  • I really hope so, keep going girlirs xx
  • I've been down-regging since Sunday on a protocol that is somewhere between short and long [I DR and stimm but it follows your naturally cycle more closely]. I have a scan and bloods on Monday to decide if I can start stimming. This'll be my second time DR [on a long protocol last time but could not get DR in time so abandoned to start over again] but I haven't got to the stimming stage before.

Good luck all.