Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

New To IVF

hello there,

i have just started my 1st ivf cycle after trying naturally for 5 years. i've got pcos as well so we decided to take ivf as our last resort. i've been giving myself daily injections now and am currently on day 4 of it. going for my scan tomorrow to see how my ovaries reacted to the drugs. anyone out there whose going thru the same ? i would love to make friends as i've got no one whose going thru ivf. anyone ? :?

Replies

• Options
    hi Raajie - welcome to the site.

I'm not going through it yet but I have done ICSI twice before.

wishing you good luck. how are you finding your injections?

OG xx
  • Options
    hi there,

i am nearly done with my injections. sadly 1 of my follicals weren't that big today so had to endure another 2 injections. so far i've been good. nothing major with mood swings but i do get emotional quite a lot with other things around me. hopefully i shall be having my egg collection done on mon or tue. i am hopeing for the best. how's icsi done ? i mean is that before ivf ? i know my doc saying somethig abt it but not sure. how are u doing now ? are u gonna go for ivf now coz icsi didn't work for u ? would love to share your journey. take care. xxx
  • Options
    Hey there

good luck for egg collection!. Icsi is different to ivf. They inject egg directly with sperm. So it doesn't have to swim.

I start mine in couple weeks. Hope you get your bfp hun x x
  • Options
    hey boooey

i am sure this time will be your turn. as for me i've got my embies transferred , gotta sit on the time bomb now for 2 weeks. fingers crossed but the tension is killing me. pls pls pls be a positive result. it's only been day 2 today.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed raajie! I start my injections tomorrow ... I don't know anyone else doing IVF, so I feel a little nervous about the whole thing, but also excited.
  • Options
    hi there choco,

i know it's easy said than done. but the key factor is try not to think abt it too much. if you relax yourself you'll find that you'll be able to do your injections more easily as well. and if u get stuck i find tube quiet helpful they've got a couple of videos which i watched before injecting. makes u feel that your not the only one. also while going thru my injection period i used to watch loads of comedy shows. helps you loose up. come on, jump on the baby making wagon girl. take care....
  • Options
    Lol, thanks for that! I really appreciate it. Will check out the videos for sure ... I was so nervous and emotional that in the end, my husband had to do the injection for me and has been doing it so far. But he's away a couple of times during the injection period, so I'm going to have to man up and do it myself ... so I'm checking out those videos after this message! image
  • Options
    OMG ! you are so lucky that your hubby is giving you the shots. mine was like 'show me once and i'll do the next one' after i showed him he was like 'i need a shot of neat whisky'. he's was so scared that i wasn't allowed to take shots in front of him, he would leave the room or he'll ask me to wait until he's totally drunk. lol......... oh well don't you worry, once the injections starts, time just flies. i've got my blood test tomorrow for the pregnancy. i am shitting myself. it's a big day tomorrow for me. hope i make it.
  • Options
    Hi there,

Just wanted to say good luck for tomorrow. I have everything crossed for you.

Let us know xx
  • Options
    hi there,

i didn't make it. :cry::cry: my blood test came back negative last evening. i don't know wht to feel ? angry or depressed ? anyways gonna take a break from all this to digest the news.

but i wish all the very best for all of you that are trying. baby dust to you all. good luck.
  • Options
    I'm really sorry to hear that - I was thinking about you and wondering how it went. Take care of yourself and I hope things work out for you one way or another...!