Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Starting ICSI this month

Hi everyone,

This is my first time visiting this site so please bear with me! :?

I start my first ever cycle of ICSI this month after a year waiting and I was wondering if anyone had any advice as I am a bit confused about the whole thing to be honest!

Any replies would be very much appreciated!

Vicky xx

Replies

• hi Vicky - welcome to the site.

I am on round three of ICSI. what specific concerns to you have?

my advice would be stay calm and focused and use this site to support you - its an emotional rollercoaster and the support you get on here will really help you.

dont panic about the injections (says the ex-needle phob!) - they are fine. drink loads of water, eat loats of protein and everything else in moderation. i'd say if you fancy a glass of wine have one!!!

best of luck - mail me if you have any specifics.

lots of luck OG!

xxx
  • We have just finished our first ICSI cycle (failed - Absolutely gutted!) Unfortunately no frosties for us so gonna be starting from scratch again - probably January.

For me the whole process, physically, was so much easier than I had expected. The injections were fine and I hardly had any side effects, just hot flushes really. Once the injections start it goes quite fast. I took the physical side in my stride, a necessary evil, but the emotional side was hard. I am a pretty strong and optimistic person but our BFN has crushed me. Having said that if been a positive result I would have said that IVF was quite easy!

I found the hardest part was after embryo tranfer, the 2 week wait is such an emotional rollercoaster, you can't help symptom spotting. I was on such a high (but an anxious high)and was convinced it had worked, boobs grew, dizzy spells, bloating and me and the hubby rubbed my belly and spurred them on every night - until AF Arrived image

Good luck, hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones who work first time and you'll breeze through it!