Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Waiting times for treatment?

Hi ladies I am currently waiting for DH's SA re-test on 29th November. I know it's not for certain but I'm expecting to be referred to a fertility clinic. I just wondered how long you had to wait from the time your GP referred you to you first appointment and then treatment? Also if it is a male factor fertility issue what treatment is normally offered?

Thanks x

Replies

• Hi Loopy

After our Gp referred us we got an appointment with the fertility clinic after 5 weeks.

The first appointment is them taking down both your histories and then they may take blood from your OH to test his hormone profile out. It was 6 weeks after this we got the results,they may arrange for another sa.

All clinics vary in the order they do things,in our case as it's male factor we were seen by a urologist first hubby had all his tests done and I had to see my GP just to get a 2/3 cycle day blood test and at the minute I'm still waiting for a hsg which will be my last test,which shouldn't be that much longer now as they are finished with OH tests.

It's taken about 5 months to get to this point... so not that long but at the same time ages!
  • Thanks for the response wibblewobble1 I hope all is going well for you.

My hubby's SA re-test is 7 weeks today but even if it comes back as ok we'll be going back to the doctor in 10 weeks to be referred as we will have been TTC for 18 months then. I'm just trying to set little dates that I can count down to and look forward to, it makes me feel like we're doing something pro-active if you know what I mean.

We've got 10 weeks of TTC left and I really can't see it happening naturally in that time. I'm finding it really hard going so it's nice to have some sort of idea how long things will take.

Good luck in your TTC journey x