Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

IVF Cycle 1 - Worried

Hi ladies

So we have begun our first cycle of IVF, we have been TTC for nearly 2 years now. I had Egg collection yesterday

Cycle has been going to plan so far, DR is great

They collected 7 Eggs yesterday and today confirmed only 4 had fertilised. They are planning on putting them back in on Friday but i'm worried they wont make it till friday image

I know everyone keeps saying you only need one but feel like i have already given up hope.

Does anyone have any positive stories they can share, really need to lift up my spirits as i think there wont be much chance of getting a BFP with this many negative thoughts.

Replies

• My 2nd ICSI which was a month ago, we had 13 eggs but I am not sure why they injected only 8 (maybe the other were immature or not enough sperms). Anyway, the next day we were told only 2 fertilized and they couldn't tell us much until the day of ET (3 days later). I was so down and thought of the worse but thankfully both of them made it and both were 8-cells on ET day.

Stay positive and good luck image
  • rb28, well done for getting this far. I have my egg collection on Monday 17th Oct. I have my appointment and scan tomorrow to ensure all is on track! I have been excited up until this morning when i decided to look on the net and now i'm worried that i am not having the symptoms i should be. Do you have any tips for egg collection day? i hear thats to worst part of the whole ivf process.

Wishing you the best of luck for the transfer day x
  • We just finished our 1st icsi cycle. We had 7 eggs, 5 fertilised and 2 made it to 7 cells by day 3 after collection. they both went in!

I have read that how stressed/ happy you are has no effect on the outcome, it's apparently a myth so although it would be nice to be happy and positive you don't have to worry more if you are not.

We were positive this time and it din't work but I know people who were really down and didn't think it had worked and got the best surprise ever. Try not to worry about things you can't control.

Take it easy & Good Luck!
  • Hi ladies

Thanks for the encouraging messages. I had managed to stay sane so far but now just feel like the presure is building up. just dont know how im going to make it through the ttw.

Mrsshepuk _ really sorry to hear your cycle didnt work, was it you firsT?

Ladyvictoria28, egg collection really wasnt that bad, i found the daily injections worse. Fingers crossed it all goes well for you x

Ps sorry for the typos writing from my phone
  • I hope you get good news, rb28! Thanks for the comments about EC.

Ladyvictoria28, looks like we're on the same schedule - I have my appointment and scan tomorrow, too, and also possibly EC for Monday 17 Oct.
  • We just finished our 1st icsi cycle. We had 7 eggs, 5 fertilised and 2 made it to 7 cells by day 3 after collection. they both went in!

I have read that how stressed/ happy you are has no effect on the outcome, it's apparently a myth so although it would be nice to be happy and positive you don't have to worry more if you are not.

We were positive this time and it din't work but I know people who were really down and didn't think it had worked and got the best surprise ever. Try not to worry about things you can't control.

Take it easy & Good Luck!

This is encouraging also - it is hard to be upbeat and positive 24/7! Sounds like things are going well for you, mrsshepuk. image
  • chocobar, hope your scan went well. mine didn't go quiet to plan this morning. The folicles are not at the right size yet. so I think i'll have to inject for a few more days and have the EC delayed till the end of the week. They said they call this afternoon to confirm whats actually going to happen. I am bummed that it's not on schedule but would rather have the best chance and not rush it. Just desperate for my husband to be able to get the time off as his work are not the most understanding of places. will keep you posted.
  • Hey ladyvictoria28

I wouldn't get too worried, the same happened to a friend of mine, but she went on to have 12 healthy eggs on Egg collection and was even able to freeze some of them.

Shame your Hubby's work are not understanding its just additional stress you dont need right now.

I had my embryo's put back in yesterday so just have to sit tight now.
  • it's going to be a long 2 weeks for you RB! but have my fingers crossed you! well as for my husband, he doesn't really have a choice but to miss work, we need his good stuff.. ha ha!!

Theyh said i have to go Sunday morning to the clinic to have another scan and see if a further 2 days helped. positive thinking from our end all the way!! image

will be good to hear your journey continue.

Victoria
  • ladyvictoria, that's disappointing, but I guess you've waited this long, a few more days isn't too terrible. At least, that's what my husband and I kept telling ourselves last week, since the same thing happened to me - I was meant to have EC a week ago, but had to do a few extra days of injections.

I ended up with 9 follicles, 3 at the right size, 2 maybes, and the other 4 are unlikely to be big enough by tomorrow (under 10mm). But the doc said they will still check all 9, just in case. I wish there were a few more, but it is what is, and I'm just trying to stay positive. 8)

Had a quiet weekend, but I am feeling a bit nervous about tomorrow morning - due to check in at the hospital 8am. I'm also relieved, though, to have made it to the next stage. Here's hoping for a successful EC!!

rb28: hope the 2 weeks fly by for you!
  • Well, that's it for my first cycle. They got one egg on Monday, and yesterday we found out it didn't fertilise. Today at our review we found out that the one, single, solitary egg was immature. Am so disappointed, as I'm sure everyone can imagine. Although I realise that this was only my first IVF cycle, it doesn't really make me feel better. Anyway, we have a "follow-up clinic" appointment next week for some follow-up tests and to discuss next steps...hard to believe that after all that you end up with nothing to show for it. Argh. image

• Chocobar, sorry to hear that for you. How long is it before you have to wait till you can go through cycle #2 ? i guess you'll find that out when you go back for your appointment next week.
  • On Wednesday, had 14 eggs collected. Got the call this morning to say 10 had fertilised. Due to have 1 or 2 put back in on Saturday. Is it a case that they decide on the day how many go back in? does any one know how exactly it works. Hubby and I are fully aware of the risks of multiples, but still aware that 1 eggs survival rate is not great. hope they decide for us! eekkk!
  • chocobar, I'm really sorry to hear your news. What dosage were you on for the injections, is there anything they can change for your next cycle?

2ww is agonising - every twinge gets me over thinking. I have had AF like symptons for past few days so now sure how it will go. Im due to test next week aggggggg :?

ladyvictoria28, great news on the follicles, they gave us the choice or one or two but we opted for one. We didnt really have that much time to research before hand as we thought two was not a option. Keep us posted on your progress.
  • Good luck with the test rb28, keep yourself busy!! what does AF mean please?

Had a call from he clinic this morning, they have decided that Monday will be best for the ET. From what i have read is Day 5 (blysto) is a good stage to be at. They also said that as a rule they tend to only transfer one at blysto stage! good, decision made!

I hope that you have a sucess story for us all rb28 image
  • Hi Ladyvictoria28

OMG I tested early and got a BFP imageimage

I am very nervous about the next few weeks but am over the moon.

How was your ET. Hope your keeping yourself busy
  • CONGRATULATIONS!! This is fab news. I believe you only have to wait 2 week from testing to get your 6 week scan right?? I wish you well with the scan, bet you a super buzzing.

ET went well, so quick and easy. have felt fine since, just making sure i'm drinking lots of water. we get to test on the 4th Nov and we are counting down the days. eeekkkkk!!

keep me update and once again a massive congtaulations. image
  • Hey, I am super excited but quite nervous too. I have had an early miscarriage before so am finding it a bit difficult to accept that this is all real.

Yep the ET is so quick and easy which made it all feel a bit unreal.

Hope your managing to keep yourself busy and resting lots fingers crossed.
  • Well certainly feel tired. i have suffered a stomach bug this weekend which is not fun, just hope it's not effected any growth that maybe going on in there. As for work, don't get a chance to slow down. i work in a leisure centre and it's constant and busy all the time. 4 more sleeps till i know the next stage has worked.

Sorry to hear you've previosuly suffered a miscarriage, that must of been awful. I am sending you lots of baby dust wishes! :O)
  • hi all just to try n give u some positive on this matter, i have just been through my 1st cycle of ivf with icsi, had 9 eggs but only had 1 put back in at blastocyst day 5 stage. and it worked!!!!! 1st attempt xx am currently 5 months pregnant with our little miracle. just to say keep fighting n believing dreams do come truexx hoping for all the best for all going through it xx