Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Worries

My husband and I have been told that we will never be able to conceive naturally due to my tubes being blocked and that they need to be removed. I have recently just undertaken a Lap & Dye and this is how we found out. We are being put forward now for IVF and i am feeling nervous. I understand that reason for my tube removal and the pain and discomfort i have to go through again but i am just a bit nervous about the IVF and the treatment which is going to come with it. Does anyone have any advise or have anyone been through something similar to myself.

Thanks Kelly

Replies

• Hi

I didnt have my tubes removed but i did have ivf. My down reg and stimulation phase were both purely injections(some people use a nasal spray) it didnt really hurt. Its then scans and egg retrieval when you get that far. I was very nervous but really there was no need. I had a sedation and i was fast asleep. Didnt feel or know a thing. I was quite emotional when they put the blastocyst back, which was a bit like a smear. Staff were lovely.

The 2 week wait is then quite stressful.

Try and plan to have some nice things today. Treat yourself, go out with the girls, get your hair done etc...

The whole thing was not as stressful as i had imagined and i am now sat here with my baby girl.

Good luck