Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

Anyone starting IVF/ICSI treatment in next few months?

Hey Girls,

This is my first post on this forum. I used the other forums when I was in the early stages of ttc, but once I realised that it was taking longer and that something was potentially 'wrong' I stopped coming on here as often.

Anyway, we are planning on starting ICSI with my next period - which if it arrives on time, will mean that I start my down regulation on March 3rd. Is anyone on roughly the same time scale as me. Would be nice to talk to people in the same boat...

Hopefully, exciting times ahead....fingers crossed.... image

Replies

• TiggerRouuk, there's not much regular acitivty on here. Have you tried fertilityfriends.co.uk? It's a much busier forum for those of us who had/are having fertility treatment or fertility investigations. I found it a godsend when we were going through IUI and then IVF/ICSI. Much luck.
  • Hi, we are just about to start our first ICSI cycle....I start my down reg on Feb 18th. Am of to see the nurse this fri to learn how to inject myself which is a little scary I think. How are you feeling about starting? Have you been through quite a bit so far? My hubby had his sperm retrieval op 2wks ago which gave us some positive news of having sperm.....so we have the chance to take the next step. This whole process is a bit of an emotional rollarcoaster don't you think?

Wishing you luck with your ICSI image
  • Hi,

I'm new as well, starting my down regulation 20th march in Woking. Soooooooo excited. Have been looking everywhere for hints on how to prepare but can't really find any :?

Would be nice to have someone to chat to on the same journey image
  • Hello Tiggeroouk,

me and you are on the same time scale, I start to down regulate on the 4th March for our first icsi cycle, all the best!!!
  • Hi I will be starting my treatment soon. Had a bit of a shock today when I got the results of my AMH level and it was lower than expected for my age so have been advised by the doctor to begin treatment very soon, like within the next two months. We had planned on starting it in a few months so still a bit shocked but there we go!

I'm having IVF lite, already have a daughter via ICSI but this is our first time using the IVF lite method.

Good luck all beginning your journey, it will be me joining you very soon! xx