Forum home› Getting pregnant› IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due to start clomid

Hello lovely ladies..

Just got my letter through on sat to confirm I will be attending the assisted conception unit in April which is a lot sooner than I thought image) I am overjoyed!! I have pcos and the doctor has referred me to be put on clomid.. I'm just wondering how it all works, will I be going back and forth to the hospital for tests to predict ovulation?? Hope someone can advise me on what happens, it's all I seem to be thinking about and the web has so many different stories that I'm not sure what happens..

Hope yous lovely ladies are well... Loads of baby dust xx

Replies

• Hey clarabell. I start clomid tomorrow. I think all hospital are different. We have been trying for almost 18 months now. We had an appointment after 9 months where she referred me for a HSG and blood tests and also referred DH for SA. 6 months later I finally got the HSG. Then a month after that we got to see her again to get all the feedback and she wrote to my doctor telling him to prescribe clomid. He did so and I start taking it in the morning. I don't have to have any scans or anything but I have to go for bloods (day 21) at cycles 1 and 3. I have to take it for 6 months then if no joy its on to the consultant. Good luck with it xXx