Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

joining this room if you'll have me???

hey ladies, i've been sitting in LTTC for a Very long time and think its time i had a little move over here. I've been ttc for 3 1/2 years. no bfp to date. and we start ivf soon. got consultant appoint 7th june and am very much ready for it. had enough of not being pregnant now. we've had all our blood tests, scans, smears etc done so go back with all results on next appoint and hopefully get a programme set. not sure if we're starting iui or ivf. at my baseline scan they found i had mild PCOS so not sure if that will effect what we have done. we're both on vitamins, trying to eat really healthy, drinking lots of water. i had my last blow of of alcohol last nite so thats it now. 1 month to detox :

please share your stories with me and any tips to help me on my way will be much appreciated

hannah xxxx

Replies

• Hi nice to meet you!! Me and my hubby have also been trying for years. Is 1979 your birth year, if so that's something else we have in common! I've had ivf before and unfortunately my first time was negative and my second time worked but i miscarried at 7weeks. we are hopefully going to try again next month as we are lucky en ough to have two eggs left. my advice is to try and stay positive and relax as much as much as you can. Please don't let my story dishearten you as everyone is different and it would be great to get to know you!
  • hey tigerlilley,

i'm so sorry you miscarried at 7 weeks. i can't imagine how that feels. how good that you have 2 eggs left. i have my fingers crossed for you it works this time. i didn't know you could do that?? is that covered by nhs or do you have to pay for that??

yeah i'm 1979 too. 33 next month and feel like i'm aging but never getting anywhere with it. my plan as a youngster was to have had my first by the time i was 30. and i've stupidly put the career searching on hold just incase i got pregnant. so i've been stuck in a job i hate for too long but the closer we get to ivf the realisation has set in that i'm prob never gonna get a real grown up job (i'm a primary teacher but was never able to get a job ...the usual you don't have enough experience and serious lack of jobs in the area) but then i suppose once i get a bfp i won't give a s%*t what my job will be. i guess i just feel frustrated about everything at min. i'm really trying to de stress. i have a month to sort myself out. i'd love to know the secrets of switching off???

anyways nice to have met you ....well kind of met you if you know what i mean image

and hopefully we can stay in touch xx

• Afternoonimage

We were lucky that the NHS paid for us to have the first course, taking my eggs out and putting one back in but we have had to pay for the rest.  We had 5 eggs, one failed, one didn't survive being defrosted, the third one implanted but sadly didn't make it and now I have two left in the freezer.  I am totally gutted that I didn't manage to keep this one alive, it was two weeks ago that it happened. I cry one minute, get angry the next but right at this moment in time I feel ok and quite positive.  I'd never got this far before so to me it's good to know I can actually do it. I have to look at it that way as I'm great at feeling sorry for myself.  "Why can't I do it when everyone else can" type thing! 

I'm kinda the same with my job.  I don't jump out of bed thinking oh goodie work today but I don't think oh cr*p I have to go to work.  I work with two of my best mates and if it wasn't for them my day would be so boring.  I get so excited about the thought of having a baby and working part time but everytime I think things will change I get knocked back down.image 

I get frustrated too there seems to be babies everywhere right now and it really upsets me.  Im scared I will get bitter and not want to be around anyone with kids. 

I'd love to be able to tell you the secrets of switching off but the truth is I don't know!!  I've been listening to positive thinking cd's, had reflexology done, exercising etc... I had the two weeks off after my tranfers and that was the best thing I've ever done so if you can do it I recommend it!

Having IVF has been the most emotional / stressful experience of my life and if I can help you at all, even if it's just listening to you when your down etc...  then I'm here.  Like BT says "It's good to talk!!"