Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

NK Cells - IVF

The doctors can't find a reason why I can't get pregnant but finally I might of found my answer.  Apparently there is not enough scientific evidence to back it up but I am glad they checked.  I had a blood test to check my natural killer cells and they should be under 10 and mine are at 13. To me that doesn't sound alot but it's enough to put me on a difference course of drugs on my next IVF.  Even though I am annoyed that they only do this test after 2 failed IVF's i'm feeling more positive and clinging to hope that this might be the answer to my problems!!image

Replies

• Tigerlilley, we were also unexplained but I had immunes testing and the results showed I had a raised NK cell count so I was given IVIG and steroids whilst we had ICSI last October.  We are now 35 weeks pregnant.  Good luck!

• Congratulations!! That's fantastic news,well not that you have the same problem but that your pregnant!! I hope your both doing well.

Im just starting my trial run of my third ivf cycle and Im using my last two eggs

so fingers crossed Im third time lucky!!

Thank you for your reply and giving me positive thoughts that it might work for me too. I hope everything goes well for you. take care image