Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

Anyone having IVF over the next month??

Replies

• We have been trying for about the same!! I get so excited, i look through catalogues, check out websites, go to baby shops the works!!! he he

still no af for me, how long do you think i should wait until i phone the clinic? 1 week or 2!!?

Im near winchester, Hampshire. where are you?? Did you find a place to do it??
  • I'd ring them after a week, if worst comes to worst they'll just tell you to ring back the week after so you've not lost anything. They'll probs ask you to go down for a scan to see what's going on.

I'm in Derbyshire, under St. Mary's in Manchester for IVF. There is nowhere in the town but I've been told today that one of my friends went while she was trying to get pregnant so going to ring her tonight to see where she went and what she thought.

Getting a bit bored of it all now, still no symptoms at all, how you getting on?

• I think they will tell me to wait for two weeks but your right it won't do any harm.  I'm getting pains and have a bloated stomach but nothing else. You'd think I'd be used to waiting by now and I know this sounds silly but I was a week and a half late last month (I put that down to my last IVF) and now I am week late again so to me thats two an a half weeks I've wasted.  I should of been having the transfer done about now and I could of been waiting with you. image  I shouldn't complain really because I would rather everything be ok but it's kinda annoying.  Sometimes I feel like everyone's lifes are carrying on but mine is on hold.  Like today for example.... people (not friends really) keep asking me what have I been up to recently.  I have to say nothing and then they go huh?!?! like I am boring and they then tell me they are pregnant or engaged blar blar.  When the truth is the last year I have been through loads and it's been a really stressful and emotional!!  Never mind though maybe one day I'll be able to tell them some good news image

Aww I know it's hard but relaxing and taking it easy really is the best thing for you.  Folk always say that once you have a baby you won't have a chance to put your feet up and that you should make the most of it.  Do you like watching films or reading?! 

• Yeah, I did all the ironing this morning and put a film on. Might go on Amazon tonight and get a few cheap books. I've also invented myself a new hobby, I decided this afternoon to dig out all the hospital letters dating back the last 4 years + and write a diary of all appointments/scans/consultations etc and then carry on writing it on a daily basis through the 2WW.

I know what you mean about friends, I haven't got any friends left now without kids, the one I did have text me last week to tell me she was pregnant, to someone she was with for a matter of weeks and who has now gone back to his wife!! You do sometimes feel that you can't get on with your life until you get the outcome you want. When I decided to try for a baby it was at the same time that my best mate told me she was pregnant and her son has just turned 5!! I just feel like I'm being left behind image.

Having said that, in a couple of months when we are on the "Early stages of pregnancy" blog chatting about stretch marks and swelling ankles we'll wonder why we were so desperate image

PMA! It will be our turn next xx

I'm off out in a bit, Mr is taking me for a curry (on a Wednesday?? it must be my birthday!!). Am wondering about hot chillies though, what do you think?? I just remembering being told that pregnant women go for hot curries to bring on labour??!!

I ordered pregnancy tests today from ebay (noone know so didn't want to bump into my Mum in Boots while I was buying them ha ha). I hope they take a while to come because I'll be soooo tempted to do it early. I have read though that you can't do it within 10 days of final injection because HSG may still be in your system, but that only makes Sunday!

xx

• Thats actually a really good idea!!  I have such a bad memory, sometime can't even remember what I did last week.  Oh yeah thats right because I haven't done anything!!!! he he he  It's good to write down how you are feeling etc... then you can keep going all through your pregnancy!! My new hobby is gardening.  My garden is what some people might say, natural but I am trying to do something with it.  I am even going to put a pond in, raised of course!!image

I feel exactly the same, my friends and family with kids are all going to school now and my younger friends are starting to get married and are thinking about kids.  Without sounding to melodramatic I don't know if I could handle them being pregnant.  Obviously I would be over the moon for them but I would find it really hard. 

I really hope we are both still talking when we are pregnant (see positive thinking!!) and because you will be there first you can pre warn me of any nasty things I can expect!!! ha ha

Ooh I do love a good curry!!  I personally wouldn't eat anything too hot but then again I am a wimp and can only normally manage a Korma, maybe a tikka if I really want to push the boat out and go crazy!!!!  I would say though try not to raise your core temp as I've been told it's not good for the little bean. 

Wow no one knows?!?!?  I have told my family and close friends, I thought I'd best because I am like a yo yo with my emotions and after pumping all those drugs into me I wanted to pre warn them!!!! 

It's really hard to wait it out but the last thing you want to do it be dissapointed if you test to early and it's negative.  Be strong, you can do it!  Oh and not having any pains is not a bad sign, I didn't have them until the second week and then it was the odd pain here and there!  I'm excited for you!!!!

Enjoy your curry!!!image

• Georgie76 I wanted to say that I did a test 8 days post egg put back and it was negative then the next day it was too,it was day 10 that I had my positive test. What I'm trying to say is that I brought pound land 2 packs and watched the positive get stronger!i wish you all the best and period like pains was the only symptom I had. I am 14 weeks today and finally having my last progesterone pessarie and feel that I am a normal pregnant woman. Sure to see you in the due in march 2013,
  • Hello Laurelladie,  How have you been??  Wow it doesn't seem like 14 weeks ago we were talking about yor transferimage  I'm so glad things are working out for you.  Are you going to find out if it's a boy or girl?!?!

• Absolutely, having a scan on the 25 th privately which is gender scan and they do a thermal imaging and 4d! It's at kiddicare baby bond which was so much cheaper. The 14 weeks have flown and I am not sick anymore which is great!what happened with you and the nk cells?
  • Thats so cool,  I bet it will be amazing to seeimage Do you think you know what it will be? Please can you let me know how you get on?!? 

Nothing has happened with me so far.  I tried to do it naturally this time round but after the bio I've got some cyst and this month I didn't ovulate so they won't let me carry on.  I have to wait for af to arrive which should of been last Friday so I can have a scan and see whats going on. They say it's "weird" and they don't know whats happening!!!  image

I will have to take the nk cell drugs from the day of the transfer until I am 12 weeks and if they put me back on the other load too I will be jam packed full of drugs.  Not looking forward to that if I am honest!!

• Laurellady

You sound like me, chomping at the bit to take the test, but ok due to all advice, will wait till at least day 10, I'm not sure I'll be able to wait any longer than that!!! Good luck with everything xx

Tigerlilley -

Re. Diary yeah I did wonder what for the next two weeks I will put in it! "Will Young was really good on Loose Women today" or "Liked the red dress on the This Morning Fashion show"!! Lol. Am really jealous, I would love a pond but my garden is just not big enough image. What are you going for, Goldfish? or the more natural Frogs and Newts?? Don't forget to get a plastic heron or netting to the heron doesn't eat your fish/frogs!!

Yeah it would be great if we were still in contact WHEN we are pregnant, as we get nearer will have to sneak in email addresses or facebook contact! I think they don't allow it so will have to put it in code ha ha

I decided to go for a mild curry last night just to be on safe side! I normally have loads of green chillies as love them but decided to give them a miss, BTW a korma is NOT a curry!!! it is a stew with a few spices in!!

No no-one knows, the only people who do are my other half and my best friend. I'm kind of wishing I had told them now as before was ok as just kept quiet but now am having to make excuses, like why I wasn't at my friends wedding service the other week (I had to go for a scan), and why I was supposed to start my new job on Monday but I didn't (cos I had the transfer). The only reason I didn't tell them was because my sister has been through it 4 times and took my Mum to all the appointments (because it stressed her husband out too much GGRRRRR) which really stressed her out and because she suffers from deppression it made her quite poorly, just at the time I found out I needed IVF so I decided it was best to wait and see what happened.

What you up to over the weekend? Anything exciting planned? Did you ring the H

• Ooops pressed the wrong button. I was going to say.

Did you ring the hosp? What did they say??? Won't be long for you now xxx

• Hello!! Hows your day been??

He he your funny!!!  I guess this is just the same as writing in a diary and the good news is that this diary writes back!!! image

I am going to get some goldfish and I hope the frogs come along.  I do worry about my cats though as we haven't had frogs as a gift yet!!! Ewww......

I'm not on facebook (I think I am probably the only person I know who isn't on there!!!) but email is cool. image

Sorry if I insulted the curries of the world I will change my comment to..... I really do love a good stew with spices!!!! he he he  

Thats another reason why I had to tell my boss and I'm lucky enough to work with 3 really good friends (who have been amazing!!)  so when I had appointments or cried at my desk for no reason they knew why.  So has your sister had IVF too?  I can relate to how stressful it can be.  This is my third attempt!  When do you think you will tell them?

Well tomorrow I am going to have my scan done!!!! Yayimage  I don't think I have ever been so happy for af to arrive!! Saturday we are going to a party and Sunday we have a friend coming down.  Hows about you?

I signed up to do a 8 and a half mile walk for charity in Septemeber.  I don't even know if I can walk 4 miles, what have ai let myself in for!!!  I best get training!!!!image

• Day's been fine, I'm beginning to think maybe I dreamt the whole IVF thing or maybe am part of an elaborate research project and they gave me placebos??!!

Yeah my sisters has had 4 cycles with no luck, she has similar problems to me (I blame the parents ha ha). She's going down the adoption route now, she's just this week been accepted so probs be allocated a child in the next few weeks! I don't know when to tell them, I think it's gone this long now I might as well just wait and tell them if it happens! If it doesn't they'll be none the wiser! The problem I've got now is that if it happens soon I'll be stealing my sisters thunder but it can't be helped!

Yayyy!!! About blimmin time!! Eeeek! Have you got frozen or starting from scratch?? If you're frozen and if (Sorry WHEN) it happens for me we really could be on the other forums some time soon. You know what they say, third time lucky!! Like you say, the time just wasn't right the other times.

Hhhmm 8.5 miles??? that's far! I hope it's all on the flat, 8.5 miles round here would be right over the penines and that would not be fun. I suppose at least it's walking and not running as in a few weeks you may not be in a fit state to run!

What time's your scan?? Let me know how it goes. Cross fingers xx

Tomorrow I will be mostly avoiding the pub as I am generally a lush and if I order a J20 not only will I get barred, it will also be sooooo obvious to everyone that something is going on, the antibiotics excuse would just not cut the mustard with my mates ha ha. Saturday I'm going to the anniversary party of someone I used to work with, the whole gang are going and we are all big drinkers but I have a cunning plan! Her house is about 20 miles away so am going to drive and just tell her I couldn't get a lift and couldn't go on train cos had to take cake (what do you think?? Convincing? or you reckon they'll just humour me).

Good luck tomorrow. I'll have fingers crossed xxxxx

• It's a shame your sister's IVF didn't work but it's great that she has been excepted for adoption.  I'm sure your sister and family will be over the moon for you, you have been through alot too and deserve to be happy just as much!  It must of been hard for you to listen to your sister going through all of that and not being able to say anything.  Your very strong!! image

We have got two eggs left which are frozen and we are going to try and put them both back in.  One of my eggs didn't make the thaw out process last time so it could be 1 or 2 or none.  My scan is at 8.50, of course I will let you know.  I might have to write on my phone though and me and modern technology don't really get on that well so if it doesn't make sense thats why!!! lol 

Good plan Batman, I think the driving excuse will work!  image

• I need some advice!! The clinic said the cyst is still there and a little bit bigger. they have said they are too small for the nhs to worry about so id have to go private. i have two options, on on the drugs and carry on this month or try to have them removed. my insurance won't cover fertility problems tho! what would you do???
  • TBH no one has ever mentioned to me anything about removing my cysts, the only problems they have ever caused me are that AF is up the spout! As far as the treatment is concerned this didn't cause a problem as they gave me tablets to kick start. I'm guessing if they're too small for the NHS to worry about that means that your consultant is also not concerned about them??  I no pain and at no point have any of the consultant suggested that they may hinder the IVF. What advice did clinic give you??

• Evening!!

Thank you, you have helped me alot.  I was getting all worried because after the scan she said she needed to speak to someone else and phone me. Shs said not to worry so straight away I went into panic mode.  Kinda like when someone tells you not to push the big red button and then thats all you want to do!!! he he  She said that I can carry on with the drugs or try and get it removed and that it was up to me.  I was just worried about getting pregnant not having it removed and then if something happens would I blame myself for not getting it sorted.  I've since calmed down and spoken to you, some friends and my family and I now don't think it will not be a problem.  I've got another appointment on Tuesday and my hubby is coming with me to just go through it all but I think we are going to go ahead.  That means I can start the drugs in 18 days time and hopefully have the transfer done at the end of August!! Woo hoo I feel like I am back on track and that little bit closer!!!image 

Have you had loads of rain today?!?!  I saw on the news today that up North is really bad. 

• Aww that's brilliant news, I'm so pleased for you, you can get all excited again!! August is a good month too, that's means it (or they if you decide on 2) would be born in May just as weather is warming up!! Plenty of days out in sunshine with the pram!! (that is unless we get a summer like this year!!)

Yes the rain has be torrential all day today, it's flooded part of the main road into the town but I'm on the other side of the valley so it's not affected us. It's not nearly as bad as last time the town got flooded though thank goodness there were cars floating down the main road last time!!

I'm all set for OH going away next week, been to my sisters today and got a 2  jigsaws, 4 books and 3 DVDs, that should keep me going for a couple of days at least.

Yay weekend!!! Only one week wait to go wahey!!!

Have a good un x

• Oh I know, Have you seen the I Candy pram for twins?!!??!  I could never afford one but I can dream!!! lol

So will he be away for your test??  The week will hopefully fly by.  What date can you test!?

Have a great weekend.  I hope the driving excuse works image

What did the scarf say to the hat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?  I'll hang round here, you go on ahead!!! he he he  

• You've been online window shopping again haven't you??? It is very nifty though and yes you're right I would never afford it either ha ha.

I found a timeline on the internet tonight for what happens after transfer day by day and it says HCG starts to be secreted on day 8pt and levels are high enough to be detected straight away by day 11pt. My day 8 is Tuesday so might do a test wednesday?? I don't have to ring hosp for test until 19th but I defo can't wait that long!! Have you ever cheated and done a test early?? Yeah he's not back till Friday so maybe if I can possibly wait  I will (but I can't promise!).

Just think, in 6 weeks this will be you deciding how many hundreds of tests to buy so you can start doing them every day long before there is any chance at all of pregnancy being detected ha ha

Here's to a v sober weekend image!!

Gx