Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone having IVF over the next month??

Replies

• Options

I'm not sure how we have done it but we have gained a little red chilli image with our convo's!

I have been getting alittle over excited again!!  I have days when my mind is full of exciting thoughts and all the good things and others when I get scared and worried about things going wrong or money etc...  I don't know who you have stayed so calm thoughout all of this!!! I didn't do any early tests, the first time I started bleeding early so I knew the outcome but didn't want to face the truth and the second time I was enjoying the thought that I could be far to much to pee on the stick!! (I got a bfp second time round).   

Talking on here really helps though as it's made me see things differently and I am looking on the bright side of lifeimage  It WILL be our time soon and we are going to be great mums!!!

Off now for a cuppa tea.  I'm so rock an roll!!! he he

• Options

Hiya

I noticed we had a red chilli, I'm sure it's really meaningful!!

I'm finding that I'm getting more relaxed as time goes on, the first few days I was all stressed out and worried, trawling the internet for what to do and what not to do but as time is has gone on I've got in my head that whatever will be will be, there is nothing else I can so just enjoy the fact that I could be!!! If it doesn't work then I'll try again!!

OH is away from tomorrow till Friday so got to wait till he gets back to test anyway, I don't have to ring the hosp till 19th so I'm going to hold out as long as I can. I think the fact that I've had no symptoms has made it easier because it is easier to forget about.

Good luck at hosp on Tuesday if I don't speak to you before, I'm sure they'll advise on cyst but I'm pretty sure you'd know by now if it was going to cause any problems.

Gx

• Options

Hello image  How was your party?? Did the excuse work?  

I'm glad your relaxed. Friday isn't too long to wait you've got your books, dvd's and puzzles to keep you going. 

Thanks, I think we are going to go ahead with it but I just need to ask a few things first. We are going to put both the eggs back in and I have reading up about the pro's and cons of having twins.  Do you think it's a good idea???

• Options

Yeah party was good, I only stayed a couple of hours though, until the shots started to flow and then made a sharp exit before it got messy, I think I got away with it, I said we'd have to arrange another session some time soon (just hope they don't make it too soon!!)

I'm not sure about the twins thing, I've known from day one of the IVF that it's not a possibility for me so never really had to think about it. I think given the experiences you've had, if I was in the same position I would rather transfer 2 and risk having twins than transfer one and risk none, if that makes any sense!! It would be hard work but you've waited this long and I'm sure you'd cope. I always thought I'd have two kids so to be honest I probably would. As long as your consultant is happy that it's safe that is.

• Options
    Oh im so sorry to be incentive, i didn't realise.

We only stayed a few hours at the party we went to. It was a house party that over flowed into the garden. my niece and nephew were muddy and soaked by the end of it. My nephews first tooth fell out, it was wobbly anyway but he accident got hit with a ball. He was so excited because his friend got ??8.50 from the tooth fairy!!! when did the price go up?!? he he
  • Options

You're not insensitive, it's just the way it is, I'll be happy if it works at all image

£8.50??? where did they get that amount from haha. It must have been the loose change they had in their pocket lol. It was probs more cos they had a few drinks at the party!! They've set a presidence now though so will have to pay the same everytime! Unlucky!!! I think we used to get about 50p!!

Can't believe it's still raining gggrrrr!!! Back at work next week, can't wait image

• Options

Hi, hows your day been?

The weather is pretty rubbish, I think it's going to rain until the end of July!! 

It's good that you are looking forward to going back to work. Are you really bored at home or just excited to start your job again?  I've been really busy today, sounds strange but I plod along and then when I know I am starting the treatment again I really get into my work or the house etc.... It's like I have something to aim for and I want to get everything up to date and sorted before I start!! 

• Options

Day has been soooooooo boring. I've done most of 1000 piece jigsaw ha ha. Can't wait for work next week!!!!

Bit concerned, go into the thread no symptoms after IVF transfer and  have a look at last post before mine, there's something not quite right!!!!

I know what you mean, I spent the last 6 weeks before transfer doing up and decorating house, it's like we're nesting!!! x

• Options

Ps. you've just gone platinum!!!

• Options

Oohh check me out!!!! he he Thats because I have been on here since March ping ponging from one room to another and then back to where I started!!!!  

Aww the poor girl, my heart goes out to her.  I mean getting a bfn is such a hard thing to deal with anyway but with the added stress of the other bit she must be finding it really tough. 

Yes exactly, I have cleared out my spare room just waiting to fill it with baby stuff and of course a cute little bundle of joy!!!

When you go out and about do you feel like you've got a secret inside you that no one else knows about?!!??  Or was that just me?!?!?

• Options

Yeah last week it was a really strange feeling!! I must admit though, this week I'm more feeling that it's not happening, I don't know what it is I've just got a strange feeling that nothing is happening. It's somehow making it easier for me to deal with, I'm not itching to take a test because I don't think there is any point. I suppose I'm just preparing myself for the worst. If it hasn't worked this time then there will be other times. It's not that I'm being negative, just realistic.

My spare room has had a make over too. I've painted it in cream so I can paint one wall blue/pink when the time comes, ha ha we don't half torture ourselves eh?? x

• Options

I felt exactly the same, it's almost like we are protecting ourselves by not getting our hopes up.  I also found that for weeks all I would think about is babies but towards the end of the 2ww I didn't want to talk or think about them as I found it to hard to deal with.  I find all this really stressful if I am truely honest and the drugs make my emotions worse.  If we are still talking once you have moved on to due in March(??) and I am still floating in here I warn you now that I cry alot when I am pumped full of drugs!! he he I remember phoning my mum and crying to her because my hubby had gone to the shops without me.  I didn't even want to go to the shops but I cried all the same!!! he he

We do torture ourselves, I'm forever looking at prams and things.  Oh and recently I have just started to watch Super nanny.  The other day this lady had two sets of twins and even though it was quite funny to watch she must of been ready to pop.  She would put one on the naughty step and then the other would act up so she put that one in another part of the room.  Then the first one would move so she would put him back and then the other one would move etc... etc.... I don't think I should of watched that when I was having my one egg or two moment!!!! lol  

• Options

Ha ha that really made me laugh!!! Crying cos he went to the shops! Hormones are a wonderful thing especially when we're pumped full of them.

Good luck at hosp tomorrow, I hope you managed to decide twins or no twins.

Off to bed now, 7 days down 10 to go, nearly half way there.

xx

• Options

Hey you!!  Hows things???

Well the doc said I've got endometriosis and because I've never been tested for it they don't know if I have had it all along or it's just appeared.  They said it's never showed on any scans that they have given me so it might of happened between IVF no 1 and IVF no 2.  We can carry on with number 3 and it shouldn't cause us any problems so we are going ahead and using two eggs.  I've got a nice big bag os drugs and I can start in about two weeks!! 

I had a stressful day at work to and now I am tried image

• Options

Things are good, finished my jigsaw, did some decorating (only a wardrobe so didn't take long!) was going to Morrison's but there had been an armed robbery nearby so came home and went Tesco's instead. Wrote an e-mail to the CEO of Comet to tell him how Biz his customer service department is, It's all go go go!!! I don't have a minute to myself ha ha x

That's fantastic news, imageI bet you're heart sank when he was telling you about the endometriosis. It gets you like that, always obsicles in the way.

Two weeks?? So how long do you have to take drugs before transfer?? I just know you're going to have twins, I reckon a boy and a girl, how fantastic would that be?? I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!!!

xx

• Options
    Wow sounds like you have had a very busy and exciting day!! how are you going to bet that tomorrow!!? he he

yeah it does seem a bit like that, think your getting somewhere and then someone slaps you in the face with a wet fish!! lol

ok so the drugs start on the 23rd and ill be on them for about a month and then i have the transfer and have to carry on with them and start taking some more as well. I've got to take steroids this time bit worried about that!!

Sorry i didn't realise you replied, i didn't get an email!!
  • Options

OMG had a really really bad day today, I thought I was doing so well and taking it in my stride. One of the girls who had 5 day blasto on same day I had 3dt did a test on Monday and got a positive result so I, in my wisdom, decided to do one this morning, BAD IDEA!! It came back negative and then an hour later my friend and her 7 month old daughter picked me up to take me shopping for baby clothes! I couldn't wait to get home, what a nightmare!!! I'm kicking myself for doing it now but the really stupid thing is that I'm itching to take another one tomorrow ARRRRGGGGHHH!!! I'm torturing myself!!!

I might just go back to bed and scrap today!! start a fresh tomorrow!!

Sorry to be so negative but I'm driving mental!!!

• Options
    Aww bless you, im sure everything is fine you've just tested too early. having a 5 day done you only have to wait two weeks which is why hers is showing earlier. if you really want to test again i would wait a few more days. i know you are going out of your mind right now and its so hard to wait but you are doing really well and you've not got long now.

Please don't feel bad for having a bad day, that's what we are here for!! Im sending you a huge hug and ill speak to you when im home from work. Xxxx
  • Options

Feeling a bit better this afternoon. I went to bed and cried for a bit, made me feel loads better!! I've spent this afternoon making a list of things to do tomorrow and Friday to keep myself occupied so don't think about it as much. Am just wishing I had waited to buy the tests till next week so I couldn't cave in!! Ah well it's done now, I'll know better if there is a next time!!

I think it's harder this week with him being away, I won't tell him about today though, he was worried enough leaving me all week while all this is going on.

Thanks for your support, it really does help to have someone to type to!! Hopefully have a better day tomorrow and he's back Friday. Roll on next Thursday so I know where I am.

xxx

• Options

Hello sweetpea!

I am glad you are feeling a bit better, sometimes a good cry really does help.  Don't give up hope, alot of people test early get a negative and then test later and get a positive!

It must be tough with you OH being away and not to mention all the hormones you have in you right now. Next you'll be crying becuase he went to the shops!!! he he   Keeping busy is a good idea, What have you got planned? Anything nice?

You are more then welcome, I'm here anytime you need me!