Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

Anyone having IVF over the next month??

Replies

• Hi, how did you get on? image
  • Spoke to hosp this am, I've got to wait to recieve a letter which can take up to 6 weeks then will find out when can have FET it'll probs be about 3 months. Looks like I'll miss our deadline!!! ah well if you beat me to it you can let me know what to expect!! image

• How do you feel about the wait?  Hopefully the time will fly by!  Whats FET?  Sounds silly but it kinda feels like Russian Roulette, my turn, your turn now my turn again!! lol 

Are you going to stay on here during the wait or do you think you'll have a break??

• Bit gutted about it but I've been waiting so long now I'm kind of numb to it!! FET is frozen embrio transfer, at least I don't have to go through all the injections etc again for a while (hopefully never cross fingers!) also that means it won't take as long. It's my birthday on 1st November though so I just know I'm going to be on 2ww for that! Sods law!!! Failing that I could have best birthday present ever!!! image

I'll probs stay on here, I need to know how you get on!! and whether you'll be panicking in November when you're pregnant with twins lol image

• Aww that would be a great birthday pressie!!!  Is you the number after your name the year you were born?? 

I was hoping you were going to stay on here, you have helped me already and made me relax about it all.  Last time round I was getting myself all worked up about taking the drugs etc.... but now I am so chilled I could go to sleep!!! he he  Talking of sleep, I walked to the shops last night to try and get some more energy.... I was asleep by ten on the sofa again!!!  How will I cope being pregnant if I can't stay awake now!!! lol

• No the name and the number are not mine, my name's Jane but there were that many thousands of Janes I chose Georgie then I wanted 74 (the year I was born) but that was taken too. So I've ended up with a user name and number that has nothing at all to do with me ha ha!! 38 this year, SCARY!!!

Aww I'm glad I've helped you relax, it's helped me too having someone to sound off at, it's saved OH a lot of earache!

So what was he doing last night while you were at the shops, I hope he didn't ring his Mum in tears lol x

• He he thats funny!!  I'm Caroline and I'm 33, nothing to do with Tigerlilley either, I just like the name.

Tee hee nope he was at the shops already, He'd forgotten his wallet! 

I'm having a Tikka Masala for dinner, can I count that as a curry?!?!?!?!?! lol

• Yeah ok, that does count, we've had curry too. Can't beat curry on a Friday!!!

You've really dissapointed me, I was really impressed with your parents naming you Tiger Lily. Maybe you can redeem yourself by naming one of your twins!!!

Have a great weekend, and guess what, I can drink this weekend, and I intend to ha ha

xxxx

• He he , sorry to let you down! ill call one moon beam and the other rainbow sunrise to make up for it!!!

Have a great weekend. toodles cx
  • Hiya

How's  the first day on new drugs been?? I hope they haven't been making you feel too rubbish! I've had a great drinking weekend to make up for being sensible for the last coupld of months, back to getting fit again now!

Jx

• Hello!! image  My first day was alright thanks, the pills I've started on today apparently don't have much effect but Wednesday I start the injections. They are whats going to make my moods up and down.  On the plus side though all these drugs make my b**bies bigger, I'm not blessed in the b**b department in fact some men have bigger ones then I do so even though they are sore I can cope with that!!!!! he he image

I did have the giggles today and went really hyper, I was laughing so much I was crying but I don't think that was the drugs, I think it was the cupcake and coke!!! he he

I'm glad you had a good weekend, the weather was lovely wasn't it?  Are you really fit??  I was quite skinny at the start of all this and was told to put on some weight.  I did that by eating loads and exercising, I was so proud of myself and then I was told I was exercising too much!!  I'm not totally unfit now but I am not super fit either.  My wii say's im the right weight so I am happy with that, I just need to tone a little!  image

• Oh no more injections! That was the part I really wasn't looking forward to. Having done a full cycle now tho, that was actually not the worst part, I think the worst bit was 2WW. I'd do injections for a few more weeks if it meant I didn't have to suffer the 2WW!!

Ha ha, so you'll be mostly wearing plenty of low cut revealing tops for the next few weeks then, if you've got it flaunt it!!! image It's defo bikini weather! 

No I'm not fit at all, it's only since I've gone part time that I've started excercising a bit, if you ever get told that you need to put on weight again don't worry you can have some of mine ha ha, problem solved image

• He he I was in a meeting once and just started crying for no reason!!!  I did get headaches last time round on these pills and I am not sure if it's all in my head (boom boom, get it?!?!!?image) but I have got a headache now.  Oh the 2ww is the worst isn't it?! The first time I went to work, again not sure if it was the drugs or not but I got really stressed out and didn't want the fuss.  My mum was telling me to sit down and relax but I felt like I couldn't sit down, I needed to be busy.  The second time I didn't move for two weeks, I didn't even leave the house much and I just sat and did nothing. This time round I am having the two weeks off again as I want to be as relaxed as possible!  I am thinking of copying you and getting a jigsaw!

We went out walking at the weekend and I set up a new thing on my phone to tell you where and how far you have walked.  Well we must of only walked 4 miles but my phone said 12miles and that we did 1 mile in 0.14 seconds!!!!!  I'm fast like lightening!!!! lol

• Hiya

I've not emigrated althoug feeling like I have, I've been out in the sun for 2 days solid so not been near the laptop.  Back in work tomorrow though so no more tan for me image. Ahh well hopefully it be nice at weekend. How you been today with the new injections???

• Hello!! Did you go a nice colour?! I think the weather is going to get cooler again so you had the best days off!

Todays injection went well, so far I've got sore boobs and i get the odd stomach cramp but that's about it. not biten anyone's heads off so far but its only a few days in!! lol Im meeting my friends friend tomorrow night so Im looking forward to getting some advice etc..

Are you going to watch the Olympics?
  • Hi Everyone

Im new to this all. Ive been trying for a baby for a number of years eventually started ivf im on supercur and gonal f injections. I had my first scan today and no folicles showing at all im so depressed they are now increasing my dosage.Im 39yr and really starting to stress

• Hi Chicken1,

Sorry I didn't reply yesterday, we went to see Batman. 

How are you feeling today?  I'm sorry to hear you have the added stress of having your dosage increased.  When do you find out if it's worked? 

• Hi thanku for your reply im just v confused back in the morning for another scan so i hope they see something. ive had wee pains on my right side all day i hope this is a good sign. how r u doing
  • That sounds like a good sign! good luck tomorrow, i hope it all goes well. let me know how you get on.

Im alright thanks. starting to get a build up of hormones and this morning i was grumpy but i feel ok now that im at home! image just waiting for af to arrive which hopefully will be Wednesday because the longer it waits and the more i inject the grumpier i get!! lol i can start different drugs after af and a blood test which will calm things down.
  • You sound exhausted its bad enough we have to inject i know the moods went up and down for me hope u get some revst i think men r the lucky ones definitely. d-day is sunday for me to see if i have eggs to collect so im on count down now just