Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

Anyone having IVF over the next month??

Replies

• Chicken, I'm so sorry. It really is a killer! Take some time out and regroup. I really hope everthing works for you in the end. xx

Eeeek it really is going to be a race to the finish, I should be due AF the week after next,  you never know, maybe just maybe my body will work as it's supposed to, just for the next two months. It hasn't for the last 25 years (ish) so it's unlikely but we'll see!!

Maybe a kitten and twins at the same time might be a bit too much, Wait till they're old enough to pull its tail ha ha xx

Have a fantastic weekend and make sure if he goes to the shop, you go with him whether you want to or not!!!

Later xxximage

• Hiya! image How was your weekend? 

Well I didn't cry because he went to the shops but I did cry over a plant!! lol  It was a beautiful Sunday morning and I decided to do my garden.  I was happily digging away but my mind went into overdrive and I was getting more and angry about stupid things.  Well my main issue is that the the week I am meant to have my transfer done fits in perfectly with everyones holiday at work. The later my af takes the later the transfer will be and that means I'll be off when we are really short staffed.  I want to be at home for the whole two weeks and my Hubby and family insist that I do but my friends at work will be left to do all the work.  My friend that knows what I am doing said "it's not like you could of waited another month!" in that tone that you know shes annoyed.  Shes right I could of done but the truth is I am so fed up of waiting!!  Anyway I'm getting off track from my story....... I started to hack away at a plant that had done nothing to me, I was just going to trim it down but ended up getting down to the roots.  No worries I thought I'll just dig them up to but oooohhhhh no the roots went on for ages going in all different directions.  I ended up have a tug of war with this one root that I swear was half way to China, I got so angry that I was hitting it with a spade!!!!!  Thats when the tears started!!!!!  he he he

Still no af for me though so I'm going to phone the clinic tomorrow!!! image

• Hey!! I'm in work full time for the next few week Wahey!!! (never thought I'd say that lol). B

Ha ha your story about the tree made me PMSL. Pesky plant, I can just imagine the neighbours looking over the fence to see you battering it to a pulp! Basil Fawlty eat your heart out ha ha xx

If your transfer is when everyone is off then it just can't be helped! It's not like you've kept it a secret, they've known all along about your situation, try not to stress about it. In the short time you can think about others but this is not a short term situation we're in it for the long haul!!! I had to put of starting my new job because of it and new boss was dissapointed but that's the nature of the beast!!!(and it is a beast grrrrrr) Yeah, you could have waited another month and they could have put their holidays off for a month but I don't see that happening, I think your chance of being a Mum is more important than them lying on a beach somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What did clinic say????

• Give it two weeks and you'll be begging for part time again!! he he 

That damn plant, it haunts me in my sleep.  At night I'm almost convinced I can here it calling my name!!!!  image Weirdo.....Weirdo........... he he he

I haven't asked my boss yet but I am going to see if I can work from home, everyones a winner that way! 

I'm going in tomorrow for a scan and a blood test. She didn't seem worried and just said I could have a cyst!!  I don't think she had even looked at my notes.  So my question will be tomorrow, are the cysts that I have got getting bigger and will I have to stop my treatment. I'm getting ready for that same old fish to just jump out from behind the curtain and whack me in the face again!!!!! image

• Oh yes, I know that fish well, slippy little sucker!! image Try not worry too much about the cysts, it may be that they just give you tablets to bring on withdrawel bleed, that's what I have to have. Everything else is just the same. I'm sure they won't stop the treatment halfway through.

It's pretty good with work at mo because I'm only contracted two days so they've just said I can do as many hours as I want so can come and go as I please Monday-Wednesday it's only for the next month or so until new girl starts so then have to decide whether I want to go full time or not.

Good luck tomorrow, let me know how it goes xx

• Hello,

It went alright today and you'd think I'd be happy but I am as grumpy as anything. image The cysts haven't got bigger and my lining is thick, she said it's beginning to break up so any day now it should appear.  My blood test showed my hormone levels are high, which is probably why I am so moody! There was a chance I'd have to double the dose of drug that I am on but thank god I don't have to!!!  The good news is that once it starts I don't have to go back for a blood test and they can just give me dates to start my other drugs so I am still going ahead with things. image

That sounds like a really good job, I'd love to work flexible hours so each week is a bit different. So do you think you will go full time?!?!

• Hiya

Aww, it's good to be grumpy  some times. Throw stuff about, slam some doors, Smash a few things!! imageYou'll feel soooo much better and be fine tomorrow imagexx

That sounds like good news, all systems go then if blimmin AF decides to show its face!!! GRRRRR it's so frustrating some times!!

Yeah I am quite enjoying having flexible hours. I've been told today that it'll be for at least the next two months so think I'm going to do pretty much full time but start early and finish early. I'm not sure whether to go full time or not, I'll carry on with contracted two days and maybe temp for the other 3, that way I can pick and choose my hours. Ha ha that is in theory although not sure it will work out like that, we'll see.

I'm getting a bit frustrated too, can you believe it is only 3 weeks since BFN? seems like forever ago!! still got another 3 before letter from hosp comes. At least I'll be at work tho keeping my mind occupied!image 

Did you speak to your boss about working from home yet??

• I totally understand why you are getting so frustrated. I know we say that we have waited so long so whats another week or two but it is really hard to just switch your emotions off and pretend your ok with it.There is a girl at work who is 13 years younger then me and when I started my first go she told me that she was pregnant.  Mine failed and found it so hard to sit in front of her and watch her grow and giggle when the baby moved.  Second time round she had just had her little girl (who is gorgeous) and whenever she came in I got really upset because mine had just failed again, I had to leave the office. I'm not saying she doesn't have her fair share of problems and I know I am just jealous but I started my IVF journey April last year and after all that time my life is exactly the same!!  image  Anyway thats my moan for the day, this af best start soon I'm fed up of feeling down!!

If yours are so unregular why do you have to have 3 af's?  That would annoy me and mine are....I mean were regular.  So are you on any drugs now?

If you don't need the money and your not bored of being at home I would stay as part time but if you need the distraction and the extra money would be a bonus the I'd go full time for awhile.  Your on a win win there!!!! lol

No not yet, I'm going to wait until I know when it is then ask him besides I don't think the mood I am in it's a good idea just in case he says no! lol

• Not sure about the 3 AF thing, because it's my first time I don't really know the procedure but when I spoke to clinic on the phone after BFN she that's what she told me. She said they'd give me tablets again to bring them on and not just make me wait so I'm hoping that is the case. No, not on any drugs at all at moment, apparently they want my body to get back to normal before next try, just nothing at all, I think that's why I'm frustrated, feels like everything has stopped still!! I'm praying that the two embies I have will survive defrost otherwise it'll take even longer!

Feeling down could be a good thing, maybe means AF is on her way, crossed fingers imagexxx

Yeah, good idea, last thing you need is being up in court for knocking you boss out image ha ha xxx

• Hey you!

It's the not knowing that I don't like, hopefully once you get your letter you will know alot more about whats happening next. Least if you are put on pills you will know roughly whats happening and when so you have something to aim for.

Yay finally I got my af this morning and even though my stomach is quite painful I am so pleased it's here!!! I've been given all my dates to up this drug and lower another and providing my blood test is ok on the 28th Aug my transfer should be three weeks today on the 30th Aug. I'm worrying like you about them thawing out but we have to be positive and believe that it will work!!! I'm going to listen to my positive thinking cds again to help me and book in for some reflexology! 

I spoke to my boss today about having the time off.  Poor man, I cried the minute I walked into his office. I'm not even talking a little blub, I am talking red faced, couldn't speak, snot dribbling crying!!!! lol  I had gotten myself in such a state about being off when other people are and leaving my friends with all the work.  He told me not to worry and that I wasn't aloud to work from home because I needed to relax. He said I need to put myself first and let him worry about work. It was so sweet of him but it didn't stop me from feeling guilty!! 

How was your day??image 

• Hiya

Today was good until there was accident on way home and it took an hour more than it should have done gggrrr!!

Yay AF we are soooo pleased to see you!!! That's brill news!! That'll mean it's a May baby, just in time for summer! I've found a reflexology place near work so might book in a couple of weeks before transfer.

Sounds like your boss is a goodun' and he's right, let him do the worrying!!!

I'll probs be a month behind you, that is unless my body decides to work properly this month. It's so exciting.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow. If I don't speak to you before, have a good weekend, hoping the drug effects aren't too bad.image

xxxxx

• Is it really sad to get excited over a new rug for your front room?!?!?! image He he

Hello!!! image  How are you??

I've started my second dose of drugs so I have lowered the injections and now I'm on pills too.  Not long now until the pessaries start!!! he he

My garden is coming along nicely, I am just about to put the boarders in and then I am ready for my step dad to help with the pond!  I'm looking forward to that!! image

• Sorry, but yes it is!! Although, I got new doors at the weekend (not had any for about 3 months since had the house done up!) I've been opening and shutting them and have to say, it is the best thing that's happened to me for a while!!

MMMMmmm pessaries, don't we all just love em!! How the drugs making you feel, hope you're not too teary xx

Yay, I need to see pictures of the garden when it's done, you'll have to post some.

Really getting into this working full time thing, actually enjoying it!!

xxx

• He he we both need to get out more!!! image Mind due the rug does look nice, I think it makes the room cosy!!! 

Well so far I am only on two different drugs...Buserelin Injections & Provera and I thought that it was the pessaries which made me feel spaced out but I think it's the Provera!!!  Scary thing is I am only on 2mg and eventually I will be on 6mg!! he he  I'm feeling a little bit unsociable, not that I was ever the party animal but I just don't feel like talking to anyone not even my friends or family. image I almost don't feel with it half the time, I can see peoples mouths moving but I am not really listening!! I think people are used to me though as I've always been abit airey fairy!!! lol  I've just picked up some more pills from the chemist and I am having more delivered on Saturday.  After my transfer I will be on......

6mg of Provera (2mg 3 times a day)

4 Pessaries (2 twice a day)

25mg Steriods

75mg Baby Aspirin

20mg Claxane Injection

500mg Calcium

Omega 3

Folic Acid

I'll be rattling soon!!!  he he image

I'll try and put photos on here once I've finished.  You'll be thinking, all that talk and it doesn't look like much but there was loads of weeds, honest!!!! lol 

Thats good that you are enjoying work.  What else have you been up to??

• OMG how many drugs??!! If I didn't know better I'd think you were a junky lol If you're spaced out now, you'll be floating above the clouds in a couple of weeks. When will you know date of transfer??

Found out today that a girl at same clinic as me got PFP. She's on last go so it's fab news! Makes me feel a bit more positive!!

You'll have to put before and after pics.

Not been up to much else really, went for a drive round Yorkshire last night, that's about as exciting as my life gets!! Another week and should be back on the IVF rollercoaster, or at least know what next step is and when FET is likely to be.

xx

• Sorry I thought I said, providing my bloods are ok on the 28th Aug and my eggs thaw it will be on Thursday 30th Aug. So two weeks today!! image 

That is great news, It's so nice hearing peoples success stories. One day it will be us!! image

I just googled where Yorkshire because I thought it was by Newcastle, isn't that miles away from where you are?!?!?!  It doesn't take much but I'm confused, for some reason I thought you live Birmingham way!!!

Ooooohhh how exciting. Has your af arrived now then and did you get your mysterious letter?? 

• It's funny you should say that, I only found out the other week that apparently there is two Newcastles!! We're about an hour from Newcastle-under-lyme, we're right on edge of Yorkshire and Derbyshire. Ha ha, it's because you're a southerner that you think we're near Birmingham! Anyone I speak to from the other side of Watford thinks the same, north is  just north! We're near Manchester if that's any help. If you get bored and want to google some more, we had a drive round Marsden, Greenfield and  Uppermill x

No didn't get AF (no surprise there then!) but lett should be here next week so hopefully should know more, can't wait for next go now.

• He he he he that made me giggle!!  I was just about to say anything above London is North for me and then had a sudden thought... "wheres Watford??"  Googled that too!!! lol image 

Let me know when you get your letter and whats going to happen.  I really hope they don't make you wait much longer!!! 

• Hello image Hows things??  I hope you've been enjoying the nice weather.  Me, my sister and her kids went to the zoo and we had a great day.  It was so hot and most of the animals were in hiding but we had fun!!

Have you had any news?

• I'm soooo jealous, not been to the zoo for years!! I bet you had a ball!!! Weather's not been too good here, bit wet!!

No, no news, still no letter image got till 30th then will ring them. Same day as your FET!! No AF for me yet, what a surprise!

Looking forward to Bank holiday weekend, I can say that now I'm working full time lol. Hope you're relaxing in your last week till 2WW xxx