Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Injections

So I've been doing my Menopur injections since last Fri (6 powders a day since Weds!) and Cetrocide since Weds and as I thought I was getting good at it I now think not.  Pricked my finger twice!  Forgot to get air out twice (one of each).  Just how important is it to get the air out?  It's a big responsibility doing all this bit ourselves, as if we haven't got enough to stress about!    And the Cetrocide seems to leave a little lump in me for a few hours and feels funny to touch.  Anyone else encountered this?

Replies

• Options

I can't really say anything about the little lump you're encountered but I can tell you what my nurse told me with regards to the air bubble. I was really worried about squeezing an air bubble in to me but the nurse told me not to worry about it if it did happen because (like you say) we're not injecting into a vein and the air just disperses. Obviously it's best to try not to inject air into you but it won't do you any damage either. I know what you mean about the responsibility of injecting...I was so frightened the first time but I reckon I'll be much more laid back next time!!! Lol. Hope it is good news when you go for egg collection x

• Options
    Thanks BB. Injections now over and I think I've survived. 4 follicles are of good size for collection Weds. Just hope there are eggs and good ones at that!
  • Options

I have my fingers crossed for you. Good luck! image