Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Icsi

Is anyone starting icsi in the next few weeks?

Replies

• Hi Kymbo, if all goes to plan I'll be having my first round of 50/50 ivf and icsi early Feb. I start my injections on 18 Jan, so it depends if I produce 10 eggs (apparently they won't be able to do ivf and icsi if it's less than that). How are you getting on? x

• Started my norethisterone 15th dec finishing 23rd dec had to stop and hooe for a period by the 28th dec when my prostrap injection is due I came on the 26th dec so im in tomoro for prostrap injection at 12 noon nothing saturday then daily fsh injections and bk in 4th of january for 1st lot of blood tests and ovarie scans. So togh to deal with as the hubbys in afghan x
  • Oh that is tough, keeping everything crossed for you. Are you NHS or private? Is it just icsi you're having? x

• We re private we paid 3000 for vasectomy reversal in january which failed moved on to icsi in may. My husband had his ssr the week after our wedding (20/10/12) which was successful we got 8 straws frozen plus half a straw which we did a freeze test in first. What about you mikey?

I dont know how some of the girls cope on her on the 4th and 5th time must be so so tough im just praying I dont have to go through that x
  • Hi I have just had ICSI for the third time - we where very lucky it worked the second time and have  lovely boy so we are fingers crossed for the third attempt as well good luck for when you start x

• Thank you lettessa and good luck for you on your 3rd time round image had prostrap yesterday and start fsh inj tomoro stop thurs night and bk in for scans and blood tests Friday am xx
  • We're private too. TTC 3+ years, unexplained infertility but recently discovered I have low AMH level. Getting nervous now January is nearly upon us! Hope I create enough eggs...

Good luck with the injections. How are you feeling? 

From egg collection day, do you know how long is the wait before we know if it's been successful? Is it a 2ww from embryo transfer day? I want to book a holiday for the week after we find out if it's worked or not. xx

• From egg collection dayu have 3 to 5 day wait for the fertilisation of the embryo of they divide properly its then placed in the womb then a 2ww from that day. My prsotrap inj nipped a wee bit but wasnt to bad at all start injecting my self tonight untill thursday nightnthat back in first thing friday morning for bloods and scans to see if im reacting so so nervous. Its so hard with the hubby away just hope it all works hownits ment to. I also have low amh I didnt even know until my tests were done so that was quite a shock to im only 28 and its 8.3 think that equivalent to a 28 year old x
  • Equivalent to 38 year old sorry
  • Hi Kymbo, how are you getting on? I'm 31 and my Amh is below 4 - after 3 years of trying and tests we only found this out recently. It was devastating news. But we've found an amazing private clinic so we're feeling positive xx

• All is well on the scans today image back in monday for another check up and estimated egg collection is wednesday. Was so so nervous today ive had not symptoms from my injections which ive been doing for 5 days (6 tonight) so I thought my body wasnt reacting thank god I was wrong. My hospital is in glasgow there all so nice image xx
  • That all sounds good. Good luck for Wednesday, let me know how you get on hun xx 

• I will thanks mikey x
  • Hey Kymbo, how you getting on hun? When is your husband home? I'm on day 4 of injections, no symptoms... x

• Hi just starting my first round of ivf soon quite nervous. amh 12.6
  • Im pregnant. :,) first scan 20/2/13. Has been such a long road and I actually cant believe how lucky ive been Mikey. Im not out of the woods yet its still really early days.

My egg retrival went as well as expected due to my low amh I think I had 6 follicles on one ovary and 4 on the other. I got 5 eggs. All 5 fertilised. 2 died after a day 3 kept growing and ll 3 turned into blastocyst. Had one implanted and one frozen. The other one wouldnt have survived thawing once frozen and I was to late to donate it as that s what I would have wanted so instead we let them have it for medical science :, ( was a hard decision as there all potentially your children..... xx fingers crossed my next 8 months are plane sailing and not as difficult as the past year. I had the embryo put in on day 5 as a blastocyst and had my test 10 days later. Feel like the luckiest women alive xx dont ever give up hope xx
  • Waaaa! Kymbo I've only just seen this!!! I'm so so so soooo pleased for you, well done you! Massive congrats to you and your hubster image 

How are you feeling? Any symptoms?

I'm in the middle of everything at the moment so I took a break from here for a while but snuck on here today because I'm so bored sat at home!

Ended up doing injections for 2.5 weeks because I had a 2nd bunch of follicles developing, which was draining but a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do! I went in for egg collection this Monday - it all went a lot easier than I expected. We got 7 eggs which was a massive relief ('cause of my low AMH) and the clinic were really pleased. 4 fertilised but one was abnormal. So we have 3 embryos and they'll phone me in the morning to tell me whether I'll go in for transfer tomorrow (day 3) or blastocyst on Sat. I'm getting nervous for the morning phone call now, I hope they're ok... I'm really happy with how everything's gone so far, I'm hoping and praying it's all a good sign.

Keep me posted with how everything's going. It's so nice to hear you had a happy ending. You deserve it xxx

• Hi mikey, hope with all my heart it works for you xxx
  • Thanks Froggy, how are you? Have you started clomid again or is that over with?

It's day 3 of my 2ww and I'm symptom spotting like mad. It's driving me nuts. I was up at 4am with period pains... is that normal?? I had icsi which went well and then had 2 embryos transferred. I'm praying so hard this works...

xxx

• Mikey so so glad to hear your egg collection went well how exciting that u got to put 2 embryos back in they only let me have one put bk in and I had one frozen!!!! I have my fingers and toes crossed for you .

I have my first scan tomoro im so nervous its felt like forever since they confirmed my pregnancy. My symptoms were period pains every day quite severe till id missed my period by 2 weeks now I just get them occasionally for a short period of time. Sore breasts and nipples nausea and headaches. So excited for you xxx