Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Progesterone pesserys

Hi guys just wondering if anybody else is having to us progesterone pesserys? I've had IVF/ICSI, so it's part of my protocol I was just wondering what symptoms they may be giving you? My bloating is really bad and uncomfortable fels like I'm full from eating, I don't want to complaine because I'm delighted with finally getting pregnant I'd just like to here if anyone lose is experiencing this? Thanks xximage xx

Replies

• Options
    Congratulations x

I haven't gone through ivf yet, hopefully starting my injections in a couple of weeks. But I do remember the consultant mentioning pessaries when she explained the process and timelines of ivf to us at our initial consultation.

Sorry not much help!
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply Hun and good luck with your treatment xxxx
  • Options

Hiya, i tend to get bloated and constipated when my progesterone is high so maybe it is just that xx

• Options
    Thanks guys xx
  • Options
    Hi Joanne, I had the pesaries after my Ivf/ icsi until 14 weeks and I was so bloated I could barely bend in the middle! A week after stopping them I felt much better. The worst thing I found was if it didn't all get dissolved it would come! Sorry that's gross! Had to share though.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the reply laurelladie the bloating is crazy lol but will be worth it all, and I truly know what your saying about the tablet when it doesn't dissolve we'll all of it haha hope your well, when do you have your baby? Xxx
  • Options
    I have had him, he is 12 weeks, little Oscar, worth all the struggles, I look forward to seeing your birth announcement, I think babies born with Ivf/icsi are so special, I can't wait for another, will have to pay this time though!
  • Options
    Aw bless you Hun nd congratulations! We had to pay Hun and had two embryos put back so could be twins right now can't wait fort my 8week scan on the 18th, so very happy or you did you have any eggs frozen? X
  • Options
    I only got 2 eggs and only 1 fertilised so quite miraculous really! Therefore none to freeze. My husbands sperm is frozen because it was a male related problem. Out of interest I looked at the cost at my fertility clinic and Ivf/ icsi is ??5000, is this right? How do you feel if its twins?
  • Options
    Hi Hun yes I'm afraid that's correct it just cost us 5000 and I'd be very happy with twin we just cannot afford to do it again to be honest. Miracles really do happen xxx image xxx