Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

anyone remember me:-) . . my new journey starts!

hi there, not sure anyone Will remember me, been on here since 2009 ttc, cut long story short i have had two failed ivf due to all my eggs collected being poor quality, apparently Im a rare case ha ha. they said my only option is an egg donor. After taking year and a half out me and my husband are starting ivf no3 next month, going abroad for egg donor, mainly due to cost as its so expensive in this country. Im very excited and nervous, its taken a long time to come to terms with not having my "own" and i don't no if it ever goes away but i know if i ever get the opportunity to have a baby with my husband this Will be our baby and more precious than anything x x x

Replies

• Hi booey, I remember you. Good luck on your new journey x
  • Hi booey I've followed your story and I'm so pleased to see you are back.

I have been amazingly lucky and have been blessed with two gorgeous babies a boy 2 and a girl 7 weeks.

I have been so lucky getting pregnant and i've found this hard as my best friend has struggled. Hence me reading about others in similar situations as I would love to help her. She has been trying for nearly 10 years and has had two failed ivfs and one failed frozen transfer. She always has really good egg numbers and quality and was told she was just unlucky. It is so frustrating as she has done everything she can to get pregnant. The last failed Ivf was the summer last year. They have not done anything since as they needed time off to live their lives again. I think she is ready to try Ivf again but has also looked at immunity testing too.

I'm can't pretend I truely understand the pain you and my friend are experiencing but I hope and wish you every success in the start of your journey.

Good luck and lots and lots of baby dust to you

Xxx
  • hi ladies

thanks for your messagesimage didn't think nobody would remember me he he.

glad to hear all is going well for you both!

i Will keep you up to date on my visit abroad, a lot easier in one way as i don't have to make any eggs this time and no retrievalimage so thumbs up to that x x
  • Hi booey, I remember you.

We are going to have our first try of ivf in a couple of months. Went through all nhs tests and told all was fine, then as soon as we paid for private tests we discovered that I have low ovarian reserve at 32.

Wishing you the best of luck for your next ivf x
  • hi booey i remember you! just been back on here for first time in a year, trying to find people i know, most seem to have drifted now. So pleased you have a plan and are working towards getting your baby. you've been through such a lot and have been so brave.

Looking fwd to hearing how it goes x

• Hi Booey I remember you too. 

I'm glad you're getting somewhere.  I'm hopefully starting anther fresh cycle in a couple of months following fresh BFN last July and a blimmin nightmare down reg (which took 10 months of drugs!!) and frozen BFN this July.  I should get the letter in the next couple of weeks with appointment to see the consultant.

Let us know how you get on.

x

• Hi Booey, I remember you. So glad to hear you're story, how exciting and very brave of you, I have everything crossed for you. All the very best. Xxx

• I am new on here but i wish you all the success in your journey booey.

I have been trying to concieve for 4 years after an ectopic pregnancy went seriously wrong. I start the first lot of IVF next week so nervously excited about it all.

Good luck.x

• Hi Booey!

I remember you! image

I am sorry to hear you have such a long and tough journey but fingers crossed there is a happy ending in sight. x

• hi ladies

thank you for your replies!

just an update Im currently in 2ww had a donar cycle in Prague and transfered 2 blastocysts!

i really hope this is it!

we have some others frozen as a back up! imageimage

x x x
  • wow booey, how exciting would LOVE to hear this is it for you. will keep an eye on your thread! x

• hey alfie!

long time no speak! image

i hope your well!

yes Will update when i have some news very soon x
  • Fingers, toes and everything crossed for you booey.x

• ho booey? i hope the fact you haven't been back doesnt mean bad news?

thinking of you ximage