Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Summer 2013 IVF/ISCI ladies

Replies

• Options

Hey ladies how are you all doing? sounds like there is a lovely bunch of us getting reaady for assisted conception : ) we have to sign the forms then have the injection lesson : ) cannot wait to get started! 2 friends this week have told me they are pg so happy for them but god its hard to hear! lots of love xxx

• Options

Hi girls,  success story's ar such an inspiration aren't they image I can't wait to hear how every1s journey is going xx

• Options

image i am so glad everybody is moving in the right direction! 5 days till my consultation eeaakk!!! image x

• Options

ooo keep us posted! Is this for the first conversation or to sign consent forms?x

• Options

well i'm not 100% sure, we've had all our bloods and everything done and been for referal and pre scan .. so they basically said that this is the consultaion and next step will be treatment .. will they do the signing at this consultation do you think? we have already signed a few forms but not sure if we need to sign more?? xx

• Options

hey guys! where's everybody at and have you had any more news on starting treatment yet?? anything new?? xx

• Options

hiya kimberley iv just hd my mmr jab and waitin on 1st consultation. my GP there should be no problems gettin funding as she knows ppl in my area who have been given it with living children so a big worry off my shoulders image also she said no waiting list in my area! expecting that, how are u getting on have u been given ur date to start treatment yet? Hope so image xxxx

• Options

hiya lois! thats fantasic news i hope it all works out!! and the fact that you dont have to wait long is brill! theres nothing worse than getting eally excited about an appointment to then be told you have to wait another few months for the next one! thats what its felt like for me .. but hey ho .. almost there!! my consultation is tomorrow so hopefully they will give us a start date for treatment! but i'll let you know tomorrow when i've been image xx

• Options

I know its really lucky isn't it. I'm scared to get my hopes up incase she's wrong haha. Arr great news hope u get one soon will keep my fingers ad toes crossed for you, ilook frward to hearin how it went tomorro and good luck!! xxx

• Options

Hey ladies, hubby and I have just started doing all the testing, this cycling is just investigation then we can start treatment if needed.  It took forever to get my initial consultation, but now things seems to be happening very quickly, I can hardly keep up.  I wont know until all the testing is done if I need IVF or other treatment. So I'm a little premature in joining this group, but I figured the more I can gather about this process the better!

Wishing all you ladies the best of luck over the next few months.

• Options

welcome to the group charley image good luck! xx

• Options

hi charley image i hope everything goes well image have they told you what tests your having done yet? xx

• Options

So far they took blood for a whole wack of testing.  One of the things that stood out to me was a chromasom test called karyotype....appartently it can cause recurrent miscarriages (I've had 2).  On day 3 of my cycle I go in for blood work to take a look at my hormon levels and an ultrasound.  I have to go in on day 5 for more blood work and an ultrasound invovling saline and then I go in every day from cycle day 9 til ovulation so they can monitor my hormons and see how I progress.

They explained it to me very well and gave me paperwork that explains everything I have to do and on what day, but I don't have it with me at the moment....its all a little overwhelming, but we'll get there.

Oh and some where between day 5 and 11 I'm having a procedure done for the to biopsy/extract and small piece of my uterine linging for testing. 

It feels like I've got a lot to do considering hubby's only job is blood work 1 day and 2 "donations" of his swimmers.

• Options

that is lots of tests Charley17 us ladies do seem to get the raw deal! 

Well af was late for me... and of course I got excited a bit and ..... of course she arrived today! I am gutted whenever that happens it is so cruel. Oh well I guess I just have to see it as maybe we will be able to start with the next period after all now. Roll on 19th and 27th June for our treatment plans. Hope everyone is enjoying the weather.

xxx

• Options

It seems like a lot of tests, but its 2 weeks out of my life and hopefully its gets all of this sorted out

Joey139 - good luck in June, you never know when it'll be your month and keep us posted about the treatments!

• Options

Hi ladies, hope you are all well.

it was day 21 yesterday so last night I did my first injection. I was so nervous, glad it was only one injection to start with (will be 3 a day in a couple of weeks!!)

doing the injection was fine, a little tender afterwards. I'm more worried about side effects ahave had bad symptoms with clomid so expecting this to be worse.

joey, sorry af was late. It's too cruel when that happens but hopefully time will fly until your treatment plan.

Charley, the amount of tests we have to go through is crazy. my hubs only had to do 2 samples, and will have to do one more time at egg collection.

• Options

Hey andi, I was wondering what its like to do the injections, it good to know its not too bad.  I'm not far along in my testing so I'm not doing any traetment yet.  Getting sick all the blood work though, I'm going for the 4th time in 1 week to give a blood sample and I bruise easy so I'm starting to look like a junky lol.

Best of luck ladies!

• Options

hi everyone.. it seems like things are moving forward for all of us!! image just think all these tests .. prodding and poking will hopefully soon be all worth it! went for consultation on friday, i have to ring my clinic on day one of next cycle then will start injections on day 21.. so excited.. just want it to be here now!! i'm glad the injections dont seem too painful.. i am too worried about the side effects.. i hope they are not too bad xx

• Options

That's great Kimberly, it makes such a difference knowing you have a date to work towards. Ttc for a long time makes you feel like your stuck in a limbo, not getting anywhere, I felt a huge weight lift on day one, knowing I would be injecting soon.

its great that everyone is at similar stages, having people to chat to makes a difference. No one in my family has ever had problems in fact all women get preggars on first month!! And I can't discuss it at work with anyone as I'm going to need to tell some fibs for time off!!

charley, the blood tests suck! I had so many within 2 months that I was the same constant bruise on the inside of my arm. At least these injections are in the top of my leg so only hubs will see it.

• Options

Kimberly I'm so excited for you, I can only imagine how great it feels to finally be getting to a point where action is being taken!  Hope the time flies by for you.

It is nice having other people in the same boat.  I'm with you Andi, while things seem to take time in my family they've always happened "naturally" so I'm not really comfortable talking to my family.  As for work....well I tend to be a very private person so I don't really want to bring it up.  Having you ladies is a wonderful thing for me!