Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

partner has a child can we get funding?

hi ladies, iv been told that funding is accepted in different areas. live in skelmersdale lancashire does anyone know if we are elegible? x

Replies

• I am 23 and have been infertile for 5 yrs as a result of ectopic pregnancies  my fiance hs a daughter who ii have no contact with. iv only just found out this will affect my funding it seems so unfair image x

• Lois I think you may find quite a few fertility centres will not allow you treatment, you would just have to emphasise how you don't have anything to do with the child. But there was also a lady on here who the clinic were not aware that her husbandhad  a child from a previous relationship and was debating whether to tell them and save the thousands of pounds. All the best. 

• hi image unfortunatly i think that may be the case.. if ur your partner has a child from a previous relationship they will not fund treatment! i think this is really unfair, especially since you have no contact with her.. even so, if you did have contact with her i think you shoould still have the right to be a mother yourself! i'm not 100% but i am going through ivf at the moment in nottingham and thats what i was told.. if its different for other areas thats great.. i do hope they help you.. all the best xxx

• Yeah ithought so. thanks girls xxx