Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How many embryos are transferred??

Does anyone know how many embryos are transferred back with ivf or is it different for different people xx

Replies

• Hi.

the clinic I'm using will only transfer 1 embryo on the first try of nhs funded ivf, however will transfer 2 if not successful next time. 

If its privately funded they still advise 1 but will transfer 2 if really wanted. I think the exception to these rules depends on the woman's age. They have said they often transfer 2 if the woman is towards 40 as the success rates are a lot lower.

i think each clinic may have differing policies, so it's a good question to ask your chosen clinic.

do you want to have more than 1 transferred?

• Yeah I was hopin to have two transferred, of course I would be over the moon with onjust would love the thought of twins and I was pregnant with twins 6 yrs ago, they might not transfer two as I'm only 23 but they did say my eggs weren't the best when they tested me, how far into the process are you? If u don't mind me askin image 

• I'm only just going to start this month, I'm cd4 and start my injections on cd21 so super nervous an excited at the same time, not sure if we'll be able to fund a 2nd try but don't want to put too much pressure on myself.

weve been ttc for nearly 3 years and have only recently been diagnosed as low ovarian reserve at age of 32image

• Don't worry about your second cycle until uv had ur 1st, try not to worry too much and be positive, umust be so nervous! I just wish it didn't all take so long iv only just had my referral. I'm sorry to hear that image but on the plus side they have so many different drugs these days to help us along with these problems, you will have to keep me informed I would love to know how ur gettin on image also for a bit of inspiration... Tina Malone is 52 an she got told that she basically wudnt be able to conceive through ivf. She's 5 weeks pregnant! Xx