Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

just-about-to-start-ifv-

Hi All

I am just about to start my first lot of IVF treatment after 4 years TTC, after having an ectopic pregnancy and having to have an operation to remove it.

I shall be starting the nasal spray on 23rd of this month.

For any of you also at this stage, it will be lovely to hear your experinces and I hope this is the start of a lucky thread.

Sending Positive Thoughts to you all with the best of luck.xxx

Replies

• Options

Hey Hun, not started yet but have my first appointment to request funding this Friday. I'm really nervous but looking forward to it as well. Three days till you start! How do you feel? Xx

• Options

Hi my first IVF consultation is september the 3rd. Not sure what to expect as yet i imagine lots of talking about the different ways they could treat us?

goodluck x

• Options

hey. Looks like we can help each other through the steps! Xx

• Options
    Definitely x
  • Options

Iv 

• Options

Iv been in treatment for ivf since the last month at a clinic in Delhi,India called  Southend IVF and i must say they have made me very hopeful.Fingers crossed!

• Options

Good luck Manish raj image

• Options

I am back....been on holiday for a couple of weeks and now nice and relaxed. Well, i have started the nasal sprays, they really are not that nice...i was hoping that it would be slightly minty in flavour as it doesnt matter how hard or light you sniff, you still end up with some trickling down the back of your throat. yuk! Apart from that, which for me causes flux they are o.kish.

Hormones have been playing up and i am due for my first scan to see if it is working tomorrow.

Good luck Levi Pink.

Justmarried2012 you are not wrong there. We were there for almost 2 hours and that was completing all the forms before hand. But once you start treatment it seems to happen all very quickly. And they do seem to make you feel very confident about it all too.

Good luck girls. x

• Options

good luck to you I hope your treatment proves to be successful and let us all known how your getting on x 

Appointment tomorrow can't sleep so nervous image

• Options

Hi all

Had first scan today and the nasal spray is working image will be starting the injections tomorrow and feeling excitedly nervouse about it all. I hope they sort my hot flushes out.......!!!!!!!!

How did you get on at your appointment justmarried2012? Have you got your timetable schedule now?

• Options

Ooh that's exciting! What is the nasal spray for Hun? We had our first ivf appointment and she didnt mention them. We just got approved for the funding for one round woohoo. Good luck with your injections xx

• Options

Yeah, that is great news Levi Pink. When is your appointment? How very exciting.

The nasal spray is a hormone suppresant (spelling image) it really doesnt taste nice and runs down the back of your thoat even if you do sniff gently!

Then the injections help stimulate the ovaries and trick them into working....we wont know if it has worked until friday.

• Options
    Appointment went really well. Once af here I have to take the pill to make my cycle longer this month. Got to call when af arrives which should be today !

Then I start my injections in a couple of weeks ! So quick Im just praying we're successful as I'm not sure how I'm going to take it if it

doesn't work image
  • Options

Ah that is great news just married.

Will you not have to do the nasal sprays? or is this just for those that are having ICSI?

Positive thoughts and no negativity hun, that is what will get us all there image and i for one am sticking by that, even though my next appointment is Friday 13th! lol

• Options
    I don't think so as they said generally use both injections and will decide on the day of egg transfer whether they need icsi or Ivf depending on how it's going in the "dish" lol

I must admit I've got to the point that I can't imagine being pregnant and so god knows how I'm going to feel if it actually happens xxx how you feeling
  • Options

Pretty much the same.

I am feeling a lot more calmer than i thought i would. Nothing is really getting me excited to be fair i just think "great" when we recieve any good news!

i think because there are so many challanges before you get to this stage and so many negatives, you get to a stage where you don't really believe it is happening and you are just going through the rigma of more treatment! But at the same time part of me wants to jump around in excitement lol.

It is true what they say about the rollercoaster ride image

• Options
    Ok so ...... Sept 25th injection teach.

28th - start injections

Roughly October 21st second lot of injections and scans ever other day

Oct 28th ish - egg collection.

Five days later egg transfer

Than 2 week wait from hell.

I told mum the timetable then promptly started to cry - haven't even started yet !!
  • Options

that is fantastic news just married. Yeah, you finally have your schedule image.

i must admit i am not looking forward to the 2 week wait when it starts! If all goes well with the scan tomorrow EC could be sometime next week.

I assume that if they need to up or lower the dose of injections for me they will scan every other day to see if they are correct image 

Injections are easy.....i just cant do them myself! lol DH has to do them for me.

• Options

Hello - If you dont mind I would like to join alittlewish and justmarried2012.  I was reading and I really like what I see so far.  A little about my self I recently got married to my wonderful husband and when we 1st met we would tease each other about going half on a baby (inside joke with us).  Prior to me beginning my life with my husband, I had surgery apprx 4 yrs ago and had to remove both fallopian tubes.  I was told my only way TTC was IVF and at that time I could not afford it.  My husband insurance covers IVF 100% after the deductible up tp 3 attempts. We are scheduled for consultation September 23rd.2013.  Im nervous and excited at the same time.  I hope it's ok for me to continue to chat/follow both of you on our journey as you are a couple of weeks ahead of me and I can know what to expect...please provide me with some feedback as what is to be expected (besides all the paperwork I have to complete prior to the visit).  My cycle starts on 21st of this month and my consultation is 2 days later....

• Options
    Hi just married (great minds lol) absolutely keep following, I intend to post after each appointment as reading people's experiences has helped me so I hope mine will help others x

Alittlewish - gooddddddllluuuckkk!!!!! I hope it goes well today let us know x.