Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

egg-sharing-info

hello ladies, 

my name iss kell, my partner and i have been ttc for over 2 years, i had a lap done last june to determine i have a blocked tube on my left side, i wasnt ov rither but everything else was fine. 

Partner has low count but the size shape motility etc was all fine. 

I was put on clomid for 3 months with no joy and had been told by my gyn that our best chance was ivf, as i have a son from a prev relationship wr dont qualify for funding (which i think is horrible, they are denying my partner a chance to become a biological father just because the women he loves has had a child previously) we cant afford the 3-4 thousand for it but have been told if an egg sharing proframme that allows you to donate your eggs but also use your own for ivf and it makes it morr affordable? has anyone had this or can give any info on it would be appreciated x 

thank.you xx

Replies

• Kell,

Understand completely how you feel. We are not entitled to funding for the same reasons and I feel like my husband is being cheated by having his right to be a father taken away.

We self funded our first cycle (6k) but bfnimage and are now waiting to start our frozen cycle (2-3k)

There is only so much we can pay for. I'm not in a position where I could egg share as im not producing enough for myself, however I think it is a great thing for a women to be able to share her eggs to help someone else. Make sure you get lots of info and that you are happy with your decision, the only 'downside' I found (I may need to use sonar eggs eventually) is that in uk now I believe a child can find out details of egg donar when old enough. Again I'm not clear on details so do lots of research, but I think it's a generous and kind route to take xxx