Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Support on the IVF journey

Hi ladies,

I am joining the IVF forums from the TTC forums, had my appointment today and am being referred for IVF and there is no waiting list so could be soon. Just wanted some support really anyone on their first cycle or has experience and some advice on the process? Do any of you take any supplements whilst on IVF? Any help would be fabulous xx

Replies

• Hi Levi,

Although in really pleased to 'see a familiar face' I'm also sorry to hear your going down the assisted conception route!

That's great that there is no waiting list( is this with nhs funding? If you don't mind me asking?)

They will want to make sure your taking folic acid, but that is it.

I have to have 3 periods before I can start frozen cycle and I'm currently on no2 so hopefully around start of oct I can start my injections again!

I would just say 'stay positive'. Ivf is such an emotional roller coaster and things can change in a very short space of time. I found the injections the easier part, I found egg collection through to result the worst as its all out of our hands.... And time drags like never before!!

Good luck and keep us updated with your appointments and how they go xx
  • Hi andi30xx, thank you for your lovely support message. Yes hopefully first cycle funded by the nhs if we get approved. Got an appointment on Friday to discuss and for them to put forward the request for funding. I bet you cant wait to start again! Such a long process. Glad to have you ladies to see this through with. Can I ask did the egg collection hurt? were you sedated? Xx

• I was sedated through egg collection. They told me it was a sleepy feeling but I was completely out for the count! Remember anaesthetist talking to me, then the next thing a nurse saying 'well done'. I was tender after egg collection, and was worse the day after. But with paracetamol and rest it was ok.

I'm desperate to start again. I was devastated after the first go failed, so much so I didn't want to put myself through it again. But I think we would try another full cycle if frozen fails. That might have to be it though.
  • Aww in sorry to hear you've have such a painful journey so far, I really hope your next go is the one for you Hun. It's good to know its not a painful procedure the egg collection!! Thanks xx

• Fingers and toes crossed for you andi30xx. I have just started my first course of nasal sprays and have the first scan to see if it is working tomorrow before starting the injections. I really hope the frozen cycle works for you.... I have been told that it can be more successful if you have the eggs frozen first. Roll on the next two periods for you and I hope the time flies by for you.x

• Hi ladies how are you doing? I've just got news we've been approved for funding for IVF yay. Can't wait to get started! I will be starting around same time as you andi xx

• Hi Levi

Have you been given your date yet? I'm in the same phase as you, will be starting mine in early October.

Excited and nervous as I was told I have a low egg count image

Good luck! X
  • Hey miss k, that's cool! Are you waiting for af to start? Mine is due October time and I think I start then. Having a blood test next Wednesday. Sorry to hear about egg count I hope it all goes well for you xx

• Yeah all exciting times ahead for you ladies. I am looking forward to hearing your stories and i wish you all the luck in the world...because we deserve it image

• Aww thanks Hun. It's so great to have good friends to talk to about it all xxx