Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

IVF/ICSI Ladies September 2013

Replies

• Lol af is here I've called the hospital so now I just wait for the call with dates for scan !
  • Hospital calling me on the 14th to let me know when scan date is and talk about gonal f injections !!!
  • Hi ladies

My journey ends today on this attempt :'( 8dp5dt was really nauseous yesterday and woke up heavy bleeding today.

Absolutely devastated.

Have two more embryos frozen so will try again but maybe in a month or two time.

I hope your journeys are more successful than mine xxx
  • oh no littlewish! Im so sorry imageimageimageimage

massive hugs x x x

ivf really sucks sometimes!

keep strong hun x x x
  • Thanks booey.

Didnt expect to feel so empty and numb.

I just hope the second time round is successful. .. not sure if I wanna go through this again and again :'(
  • Oh no im so sorry t hear that image xxx
  • i know, right now you are not going to want to. . you need time away from ivf. you might feel differently once time has passed. . i feel your pain, i really do x x x
  • Ahh huni I'm so sorry xx don't make any decisions today your not in the right frame of mind, take some time for yourself and think about it later x x x
  • Alittlewishforusall, oh my goodness, i completley feel your pain, just so devasted for you, i can't even find the right words to say, only that it is so common for the first round not to work (so i have heard) i have been told to not get my hopes up. just so sad hunny, justmarried is right take some time and rethink things later, it will seem different when the hurt has faded alittle. Sending you massive hugs, here if you need us xxxxxxxxxx

littlemisshopeful - how did the transfer go? xx

• Alittlewishforusall, I am so sorry to hear ivf hasn't worked this time for you. (((Hugs))) give yourself time and let yourself grieve. I tried to bottle it up and made myself worse. Although it has felt like a long wait to be able to start over, I don't think I was emotionally equipped to go through it again until after the first couple of months. Xxx

I need to have a proper catch up to see how you are all getting along, good luck to you all xx

I haven't been on here much while I've been waiting for cycle no2 to start. My drugs should be delivered today and I start injecting again on Saturday, so transfer should happen around first 2 weeks of November ( still feels like ages away)
  • Hi andi I started injections last Saturday so we should be a week or so apart let me know how you get on x
  • Hi all

Thanks so much for your kind messages. It is very warming to know I am not alone.

I will keep an eye on the thread and look forward to hearing hiw you are all getting on.

How are you finding the injections justmarried?

Good luck andi30 you must be excited to start up again. I hope it works for you this time xxx
  • Hi ladies I hope u don't mind but I have been following this thread without inputting as yet as I've been so nervous about everything it's comforting although upsetting to know others are in the same boat! 

My OH and I went to our seminar at bourn hall today, it made it all very real and even more scary but needs must. We have our first consultation on 18th October so hopefully will know more then. 

Alittlewishforusall- I was prompted to write by something we we're told at the seminar, the consultant doing the talk said due to lots going on in the cervix it is common to bleed after ET and doesn't have to mean BFN! I don't want to give any false hopes, these are hard enough times! Just thought of u as it was said. 

Justmarried2012- we chatted on another thread, how u getting on? 

Good luck to all u lovely ladies, u didn't know it but I've really been helping me through this so thank u!

fingers crossed! Xxx

• That's meant to say you've been helping! Bloody phones!! Lol

• Injections are fine thanks Hun I am bloated and the hot flushes are awful particularly when I'm at Zumba as already hot but I'm coping.

Af arrived and I called hospital so now I just keep going til the 14th then I'll get scan dates etc...

I'm genuinely gutted for you after speaking to you for the last few weeks I was really hoping for your bfp x you need some time for you then jump straight back in the horse because your time is comingimage

Hi franks2 I remember you from other thread how did you find the seminar ?
  • The seminar was ok, just made everything so real, I keep hoping we can do this on our own but I guess not, been pretty low ever since but trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel! 

I hope it all goes well for u. Reading everyone's updates really does help! 

Xxx

• 2dp5dt my breasts are soo tender and i have really sore lower back typical af signs not feeling very positive today image xxx
  • Hun most "signs" are rubbish anyway and could mean you are pregnant or you are coming on! I know based on the fact that every month I get nausea right before I come on lol or that I get headaches and tender boobs all of which could mean your pregnant stay positive it's not over til AF songs x
  • hi ladies

andi30xx happy to hear you are finally getting near the time again to start your new cycle. Crossing my fingers tightly for you hun! xx

justmarried2012 - those hot flushes are just awful arent they! i got them on clomid, hated it so much. how are you finding the injecting itself? dreading doing it! xx

franks2 - hi and welcome, i felt scared when i first heard i would need IVF too, gradually i have gathered my thoughts and realise that if it means i can have a baby at long last then it will be worth it and that to be honest i would do anything to have a little bubba! How long have you been trying for? xx

justmarried05 - hey hun, how are you? hope you have found out more about aggressive IVF, i have not heard of it either, what are the next steps? xx

littlemisshopeful - how was the transfer? how does it work the 2dp5dt? so 2dp ovulation and 5 days after transfer?? sorry if i sound silly! don't worry yourself about symptoms being like af, doesnt mean anything, some ladies have symptoms just like it when they get their bfp hunny, fingers are tightly crossed for you xx

As for me, cd6 third day of soy, still hoping it makes me ovulate so i dont have to wait 35 days to take provera. Thank goodness its the weekend, been a long week x