Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

IVF/ICSI Ladies September 2013

Replies

• Sorry im 2 days into 5day transfer if that makes sense. Haha thanks so nervous xxx
  • @Levi...I have not heard anythnig else onthe Aggressive IVF treatment and prob will not until my next appt (when AF arrives)...Im pretty regular every onth so should see AF around 14th or 15th this month and the dr wants me to come in on day 1 for another sonogram and that's when I get my chart to start treament.  My DH went for sperm analysis and his blook work October 2nd, 2013.  I will call Monday to get his results....hopefully everything ok with him....just waiting to actually start.

I see everyone else is moving right along...

• littlemiss ah ok, how you feeling? any symptoms? xx

justmarried05 ooh ok, so not long now then! your the same as me in terms of waiting for af to start then hun xx

alittlewish hope your ok sweetie, thinking of you xx

• Hi levi I am ok thank you. Had a day in hospital yesterday as started to have chest pains from mild ohss but its not severe and now looking forward to Tuesday when I can stop progesterone gel and return to normal for a bit, its been a hell of a roller coaster ride and has really taken it out of me emotionally and physically.

Littlemisshopeful - glad to hear transfer went well and I wish you all the luck in the world it sticks. Keep us posted on how you are feeling xx
  • aww sweetie, yes indeed you need some time away from it all, i can only imagine how you must be feeling, hugs to you xx

• Hi guys hope your all doing well, im pleased everyone is progressing as expected, currently on day 9 of suprecur and the hot flushes are awful I'm now bloated and teary and nursing some of the worse hormone headaches I've ever had but I'm feeling positive as its all for a good cause. 

It doesn't matter what I'm doing I can literally cry over anything, I care for my father and earlier he blocked the toilet so I stood and cried because I couldn't fix it seriously !! Lol oh well got at least another week of this possibly two weeks so better get used to it. 

Littlemisshopeful I'm thinking of you when can you test? 

• Aww just married just awful side effects, hope they pass for you soon! it will be worth it in the end Hun xx

littlemiss how are you Hun? Xx

• To be honest because I know there side effects I'm trying to laugh through them ill do anything to get the healthy baby we desperately want even if I spend the next year crying lol
  • Ah feel for you justmarried. I was lucky and only had mood swings and irritability poor dh lol. He got it in the neck every five minutes.

It will all be worth it hun xxx
  • Hello Justmarried05 - I can't wait to be where you are now...I've experienced the hot flashes before and they are not fun but I'm ready to deal with it.  I had them when I had fibroid surgery in 2009 and it was no joke. 

I called IVFMD today to get DH results from Blood work and siemen analysis (BFN) which I expected.  DH count was good (14 million) and his motility they would like to see at min 30% and he is 15%, shape should be 4 and he is 1.0.  I also found out we had intercourse the night before and was not told to have intercourse for 72 hrs prior to testing so needless to say they want him to come to appt with me when AF arrives so they can retest him.  I was also told that I need to do more blood work, they need to test me for FSH and AMH again....not sure why but I will be ready to ask question on my appt. 

Keep me posted on all of your updates as this is really helping me...

• Same for me. No one know is going through this so good to have people to talk to on here x
  • Thanks alittlewish, I feel better today I saw a doctor for my dads medical needs and this has calmed me down lol just trying to relax tonight x
  • Hi ladies hope everyone is getting on ok. 

Levi - I came off depo jab over 4yrs ago took 14mnth for me to even have a period and that was drug induced! Slowly I've been getting back to normal (took around 2yrs) and still not really regular but I do OV on my own. I tried soy for 2months which worked to regulate me to a 27 day cycle with strong OV but still no BFP ????. My OH is mildly low on count but with normal motility so we fall in the unexplained group, which is so frustrating cos there's nothing more we can do to improve our chanceS and no reason for our heartache. 

Do stick with the soy, it worked for me! How much are u taking? 

Alittlewish - how are u feeling now? Have u tested to confirm things? I've been so hoping for u that it's a positive result, but u know everyone is here for u either way.

littlemisshopeful - how u feeling? Have u been taking it easy or carrying on as normal? How long till u can test? Fingers crossed for u! 

Both justmarried - glad ur moving forward and so far all is going as it should be. Keep strong with it all. 

So we're taking this as our last chance month and really making extra effort in BDing which is all good ???? we're off to Chicago on fri for 5 nights and really can't wait, it's a much needed break! Although OH is running the marathon out there so not much rest for him! We land back on 17th and then have our consultation on 18th so straight back into it! 

Good luck girlies. 

Xxx

• Wow busy time for you lol we did exactly that and tried to fall the month before Ivf lol !

I'm really excited about next week but I don't know if I will start the second lot of jabs next week of the week after?

Clinic said keep doing Down reg and will call me on the 14th to discuss scans etc...

How long did you all down reg for and did they scan before starting stimms ? X

Keep positive x
  • Hi Franks

Yes, i tested today and as we expected, BFN. At least it wasn't a shock and so we werent as upset as we were on Wednesday. But a large bottle of wine tonight is well deserved i think just this once mind.

I spoke to my clinic and i have to call back at the end of the week or maybe early next week, once the consultant has gone over all the notes.

I also had to complain about one of the nurses and have asked that she not look after me at all and they confirmed that my complaint was not the first time that they had heard against the same nurse but she is retiring at the end of the year and they confirmed that she wouldnt be asigned to my case again.

She completely disbelieved me when i said about all my ailments and said it was a virus! I ended up in hospital on Friday with chest pains due to mild OHSS! So after Wednesday and starting to bleed I was soo miserable with her.

Glad to hear everyone is moving along and i will keep in touch on here to see where you are all at. I doubt i will start again too soon, it will all depend on what the consultant comes back with at the end of the week/begining of next.

Fingers, toes and everything crossed for BFPs xxxx

• Hello All - I just received a call from Dr office and the nurse indicated the Dr would like to continue with IVF / ICSI (BFP) for me as I was wondering if they would tell me I needed DS.  Looking for AF to arrive as I'm really getting excited all over again.

• hi ladies,

just married 05 glad to hear the tests are going well so far! Hope your new results are good too, just read your last post, what is DS? glad to hear your excited! me too, hope we can start together x x

Franks2 Thanks for telling me about soy, glad it worked for you! i took 160mg a day days 3-7, got  (sorry if tmi) lots of ewcm today, so thats a good sign so far. cd 10 for me today, just hoping hoping i ovulate and then i can get a period in the next 3 weeks and start IVF!! wow enjoy Chicago!! that will be amazing! and hope you get your bfp before you have to start IVF too xx

justmarried2012 ooh second set of jabs, its all go! exciting times coming for you hun xx

Alittlewish aww sorry to hear you had a rubbish nurse, as if you hadnt been through enough, the least you need is a good nurse!! I hope you are ok hun (hugs) and taking good care of yourself xx

• Hi ladies hows every1 doing?? Ive just went on as normal no bed rest or nothing after transfer, been working normal hours can test on friday but dont have much symptoms sore bbs really sore shoulder?? and been quite hormonal oh yes and really hungry feels like my stomach is rumbling constantly but could be the crinone gel. Last 2 nights had really strange dreams but im guessing thats just normal with what we are going through. Hope you are all well image xx
  • alittlewish - DS is Donor Sperm

• Hi all, strange question and sorry if tmi, I had my af last week and they say that it's quite normal to spot through out but I literally have started bleeding again yesterday. Did any of you have this issue ?