Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

Its TWINS!! :-) :-)

omg what a day! this afternoon started bleeding heavily, convinced it was over! went to hospital and they gave me a scan, still bleeding with pain. the scan showed 2 babies with heart beats! its a miracle! imageimageimage they not sure why i bled, i still got cramps but bleeding eased up. i got scan pics of my little shrimps imageimage Im praying now we make it! x x x x

Replies

• That's fantastic booey! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. That really is so amazing.  X

• Congrat booey!  WOW 2.....take care of yourself and get plenty of rest as you will need it carrying 2.....I'm so happy for you.

• Brilliant news I'm so happy for you. Just to reassure you too i had a very heavy bleed at 7 weeks, passed a huge clot and like you was convinced that was it, but my boy is now 10 months old so bleeding isn't always bad. Congratulations again chick. Xxx

• Lovely news , so pleased for you , congratulations , you must be over the moon x x

• Congrats hun xx

• Congrats Boooey. You must be thrilled. Lots of r & r for you now. Are you still having your scan next week? X
  • thanks all!

yes still having my scan. hopefully all Will be well! x x
  • Yay! Huge congratulations Booey! Xxx.
  • OMG. Booey that is just huge amazing fantastic news. oh i have tears of joy in my eyes for you image. You must be over the moon.

Sending massive hugs and lots of baby dust wishes that you make it .xxxx

• thank you so much!

its a miracle! gone from 0 babies and not likely, to 2 lol, yes i hope they make it. . they certainly making me sick so must be dancing in there imageimageimage x x
  • So happy for you image

Iam on 2ww and its driving me a little potty I reckon, I know it will all be worth it in the end and your journey proves there is hope for us all. Xxx
  • ah good luck on 2ww! imageimage

there is hope out there, might have to chase a few rainbows, but never ever thought it would happen.

Im sick everyday but its worth it! my two babies Will get so much love, and be that bit more specialimage x x
  • Congrats, Booey!  Fantastic news!

• thank you! am nearly 8 weeks now imageimageimage

x x
  • Congrats boooey. I've followed your story and am following in your footsteps. I am currently looking at clinics in prague. Which one did you attend and I take it you recommend them. I'm finding all the info overwhelming as there are so many to choose from. Hope you and your babies are doing well and the spotting has subsided xx
  • hey babycrazy!

yes me and twins good so far am 9 weeks tomorrowimage

long way to go but got further than ever thought would. the spotting has stopped now imagethank you.

fab news about looking at Prague! we went to iscare Prague. very nice place there and would recommend. lots cheaper than here!

i would almost always go abroad for fertility treatment now as UK so expensive and its a lot of money to loose if you need couple goes.

are you using donar eggs?

keep me informed image x x
  • hi booey,

So happy that everything is ok with you honey! How long did the entire process take in Prague? I've just looked up the clinic and it is a lot cheaper over there ...

xxx

• I'm torn between prague fertility centre and reprofit in Brno just outside of prague. I'm using donor eggs as I too had 2 failed ivf attempts with my own eggs. I'm 40 and the only option that gives me higher success rates is to move into donor eggs. The cost and the anonymous donors are a big plus factor to me. Also hardly any waiting times. The only hold up now is saving up for treatment. Did you go through a coordinator or arrange everything yourself?. So glad ur spotting has stopped. They say it's common with ivf and especially with twins. Xx
  • thanks sweetJudy thanks!

it didn't take long, matched me within a week to donar! then its just case of makin sure cycles in sync really. went out in May for consulting and flew out august time, we had couple weeks delay though. i wouldn't hesitate going abroad x x
  • babycrazy

yes my friend used the other clinic e, but unfortunately didn't work for her.am sure both are as good as each other. i waited a week for my match image

there is good success rates with donar eggs, and you get them all too! i got 4 in freezer lol.

we used intertrust as a coordinator in UK who were good. Im 33 and had two failed ivf due to my eggs bein poor, no idea why. but its only a cell at the end of the day, its US that make that baby imageimage x x