Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Is this normal?

Hi, I started my injections Saturday and it's been fine but the left side of my tummy is quite painful. I wasn't overly worried about this as it does get a bit like this when I'm on my period (which I think is due to the cysts I have and the tube is also blocked) but I noticed today that it is now tender to touch. Last night was the first night we injected on the left side. Is this normal? I had a scan yesterday and was told the left ovary has grown and now has 10 follicles instead of the one before the injections. Thanks for taking time to read this Bob x

Replies

• Hiya

I've done 3 cycles now and have never experienced this.  Maybe it's worth ringing the clinic and checking with them.  I sometimes bruise and it is sore for a while after the injection but it's never been sore the next day!  I would give them a ring if only to put your mind at rest.

Hope this helps

x

• I done all my injections in the leg and alternated them... they said tummy or leg so i went with what i thought wouldnt make me feel so squemish! But when we done them close together they hurt a bit then! Maybe try spacing them out a bit more.

Good luck.x

• Thank you, it's not as bad as it was earlier. I did call the hospital and they said they'd call back once they had spoken to a nurse... They haven't yet but I've got another scan tomorrow. Think I'll go back to the right side of my tummy (this was the first time on the left though)

Thanks again

Bob xx
  • Good luck for your scan. Lets hope for lots of large folicles.x