Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

2ww! After Ivf

Just a thread to share two week wait after Ivf. Only had transfer today and already driving myself mad. How did to cope?

Replies

• oh the 2ww killed me! lol

Im so impatient, especially for something i been obsession about for years lol. in fact i didn't wait 2 weeks i waited 4 days and tested lol. it was positive, very early but am having twins imagebut still had to wait the full two weeks to make sure it stuck image

i would saytry to hold off long as you can, try keep your mind occupied, yeah right lol. don't beat your self up if you test, you been through enough, so play it how you wanna, just bear in mind, no matter what you read everyone is different,

good luck! and relax x x
  • I'm not particularly positive about my first cycle so if I get a sticky bean I'll be very shocked however doesn't make this any easier, it's my only thought obsessively all day! Lol how you feeling? I saw you were having twins that's my ultimate dream lol
  • Day four and stopping myself from googling anything - bit as bad as I thought however have remained busy so far and I'm back at work today x
  • Oh my god had egg tranfer on the 1st and I haven't tested yet lol I have no idea how much longer I can keep this up. It's literally all I think about.

Been cramping since day three and some small back ache and weird twinges all over. There's no way to know without beta so I guess I just keep waiting.

Worse two weeks ever !!!
  • You will get there hunni. It is so hard not to test before the day too. I nearly did and then thought no, as i will be soo disappointed if it came up negative and then still have to wait till day 14 to test! Have you been told to test day 14 or day 10? i know a lot of places differ!

• I think day ten is for 5 day transfer x been told to test on the 14th.

The weird thing is that I have no idea when I'd be "due" as my cycle is normally 23 days and this is currently day 31 ?!?!? Can't he prepare myself for it x
  • You can once again google Dr Google and there is a IVF due date calculator, but i cant remember exactly what it is called. I am unsure on the days that you can test on. i was a five day transfer and still had to wait 14 days! I think each clinic is different and i suppose 14 days is a certain test result! image

Hope you find the calculator ok.xxx

• Aww i will be exactly the same!! its going to drive me insane!!! Occupy the mind with something, anything hee hee, wishing you all the luck in the world for sticky bean xx

• Thanks all x I worked out I'll be due the day after my hubby's birthday lol
  • However calculator says 23rd July x
  • I don't think I'm gonna make it to Thursday without testing ?!? Tomorrow is day ten and I'm torn between testing and maybe getting a neg or waiting what do you all think ?
  • test test imageimage

good luck! day 10 should show up i think. excited! x x
  • Oooooh I'm excited for you!! Xx

• im literally so scared i might faint lol ill message you tomorrow regardless of the result x

• Ok so the cheap dip stick tests I bought showed a line ! Yay right !? Except line was not where it should have been lol it was below the mid point of the test so gonna go out on a limb and say forget that one and try again tomorrow haha I've bought a digital one so easier to read x
  • Ooh below the mid point!? how many cheapies did you do? Post the pic xx

• There's a glue line and a line appeared under it rather than above like it's supposed to ? I'm gonna wait a couple of days and do the digital one x. X
  • Ah ok. Hmmm that's annoying!! look forward to hearing the result xx

• Good luck sweat heart. Sticky bean I am sure xxxx