Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Here's to a HAPPY new year!!!!

Hi Ladies I'm starting this thread as September has come and gone and some of u beautiful ladies haven't had the best summer, so I thought new year approaching, new thread needed! Hoping to keep this a very positive one! I'm 2wks into my buserelin injections, should be finding out today when to start gonal f and when first scan is, hate the waiting but know it's all worth it in the end. Please if u read this join in with me in the count down to a hopefully happy new year. Good luck ladies! XxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

Replies

• Great idea franks.

I am waiting for AF to start eastrogen tablets, it should have arrived yesterday and hasn't as yet.... it's going to be touch and go for me i think as to if we will be able to transfer this year now as my clinic won't transfer after 22nd... and my dates all going well take me up to 19th. If AF hasnt arrived tonight i will have to phone the clinic tomorrow and probably stop treatment until next yearimage. Never mind, it was always a posibility that would happen....its just the law of sod!

Good luck for today hope you start your Gonal F soon. xxx

• Good luck to you all, sending lots of PMA and baby dust xxx

• Thank u LH86!

Alittlewish FC AF arrives for u! Mine was 2 days late was so frustrating, but get there in the end! The clinic called this morning I start Gonal F tonight and first scan on sat morn so getting excitedly nervous now. Really hope ur AF arrives so we can do 2ww around same time, but we're here whenever it happens for u.

Xxx
  • ah thanks franks. I hope so to... it would be lovely to share 2ww with someone else. I don't think it is going to happen though... apart from sore boobs i have not got any other of my normal symptoms for AF.... it does happen on the odd occasion (like once every six months or so) that i go about a week late and if i do the dates certainly wont be on my side.... I think the only positive about it is i will be able to have a few drinks over the xmas period and be relaxed to start again in the New Year.

Good luck for Saturday... time really does fly when you are at that point... i couldnt believe it, it was such a roller coaster and a nightmare for planning anything image

• Hey ladies image

Thought I would come join this one too, hope that's okay!

Good luck to everybody and I hope 2014 is a much better year. Fingers crossed for you all. xxxx

• Hi Hayleigh

Lets hope so. Lets hope this thread is lucky for us all. I am going to have to call clinic this morning to confirm to them that AF hasn't arrived on time. Which will probably mean i will have to stop treatment image oh well. At least i can have a few drinks over xmas i suppose and start again fresh in the new year.

How did you get on with your gonal f franks?

• Hi littlewish, that's a shame image but like u said at least u can have a nice chilled Xmas and new year and fresh start in January! image

Gonal F was fine thanks, just such a nightmare trying to plan anything this month, I'm a mobile hairdresser and this is my buisiest time of year and everyone wants their bloody hair done! I've told them I'm having a cyst removed and won't know till last minutes my date. Hey ho they'll just have to have roots and split ends! Lol

Scan on sat morning so FC for more details then.

Hayleigh when is ur appointment? Good luck Hunnie.

Baby dust for Xmas for us all!!!

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX
  • Hi girls. great new thread thanks franks2! X

alittlewish did the clinic say you would have to wait? Hope not! Xx

hi Hayleigh, hope your well xx

andi how are you Hun? Xx

justmarried how are you? xx

franks, how exciting, when is your ec going to be roughly? X

me, well I am recovering slowly from the loss of the cycle, I have been researching what I need to do next time to improve things. Discovered a few things, like the scratch 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/10358230/Scientists-find-simple-scratch-technique-improves-IVF-treatment-success.html 

and steroids for natural killer cells

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-352928/Steroid-drug-prevent-miscarriages.html 

also I will be taking baby aspirin, red raspberry until ec, losing weight before next cycle, using soy to ovulate for the next three cycles, maybe accunpture. Going to ask a lot of questions in my follow up appointment which is the 20th Dec xx

• Hi all well im still very sad that we were on the receiving end of a bfn however I'm feeling very positive for the new year. I'm finally starting to feel like myself again now the hormones are out of my system however I have no idea when I should expect my af as don't know if it's stretched my short cycle?

I'm looking forward to jan 10th so I can find out about embryo grades etc as didn't find out prior (scared to ask)

Levi and andi I hope your both ok me and alittlewish both went through this recently and it's the hardest thing I've done however I know what to expect now for next time and I'm trying to remain positive, I hope you can to.

Franks first thank for the thread and second have you got a date for your EC ? Hope all is well xx

Alittlewish - how did you get on ? Are you having to wait til after chrimbo or will they do just before?

Hayleigh - how r u ? Where abouts are you on the Ivf timetable x
  • Hey just married. It's just awful isn't it, I'm trying to be positive but the same time dying inside about it. The hardest thing I have ever done. Have you not had an af since the bfn? Xx

• He all image

I have my consultation on wednesday the 11th, its been a loooong 8 weeks wait but im almost there. image Im hoping to start this month.

Hope you're all doing okay xx

• Hi ladies glad to hear everyone is getting on well.

Alittlewish how did u get on with the clinic? Have they said if u'll have to wait?

Hayleigh not long now good luck!

Justmarried hope ur ok and all goes well with ur appointment, hopefully the new year will bring us all happiness.

Levi wow that's a lot of info! What does baby aspirin do? Should I be taking it? So many things we should and shouldn't do, I get mind frazzled with it all!

Well had 2 lots of gonal f now, because the clinic called after I'd taken my buserelin and I was at work I'm having to take my gonal in the evening, so I do one in morn and one in eve! Do u think it will make a difference? My scan is on sat, very nervous but should find out more then.

image xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx image
  • Hi all

i called the clinic and they said i just have to wait until the end of the week to see if AF arrives as there may be something that can be done if it arrives before Friday. It still hasn't arrived yet and have no symptoms of it arriving soon image so i am still no clearer than what i was to begin with!

I am also taking baby aspirin and rasberry leaf tea. The consulting nurse was happy for me to take this and said that it can help with blood flow and reducing clots. It is always best to check with your clinic first before starting anything just in case it is not the right thing for you.

Saturday is just around the corner for you franks. Good luck sweetie. have they said when your EC is likely to be?

Big hugs levi and just married. New Year - fresh start - Which is probably gonna happen for me if AF don't hurry up grrrr.

These things are never straight forward and when you want AF to arrive it turns up late image

• I had a really heavy bleed from day 13 of 2ww and it lasted for about 8-9 days but because of drugs I don't know if gonna have a usual 23-25 day cycle or different?
  • I had a heavy bleed from day 7 of 2ww, it lasted 14 days and i then had AF arrive on day 28. I think everyone is different and that is why they like you to have one normal cycle in between.

Sad news for me today ladies. .....

I have had to abandon treatment until the new year as my AF arrived a day late image but its ok as i knew this was a possibilty from the start. I can start again on Xmas Day!!!!! but i have said no and i will probably start again in the new year. At least i can have a few glasses of bubbly over the festive season and i can celebrate for you franks when you get your BFN. xxxx

Baby dust to you all.xxxx

• Oh littlewish I'm so sorry, but at least ur seeing the positive side of things, enjoy ur Xmas eat DRINK and be merry and start again fresh in the new year!

Hope everyone else is getting on well.

Got my scan sat should get an idea of EC date then FC!

XxxxxX
  • Hi girls franks thats a lot of gonal f! ooh let us know what they say at the scan hun! Xx

alittlewish new year new start hopefully for all of us!!! Xx

i am really miserable today if I'm honest, my af started this morning with a vengeance, very painful and heavy. Just a reminder that the IVF didn't work image just want to go home from work, but got such a large work load there is no way I could x

• ah Levi big hugs hunny image the IVF journey is so hard and emotional. It does make me wonder how people go through it again and again and again. We understand how you feel the first AF after IVF is awful as you said it is just another reminder that once again you have failed and it is so downheartening.

I know when we had our failed i just thought maybe it is just never meant to be and what have i done in the past to deserve this.

Life can be so unfair and cruel and i really hope that the new year brings us all a little bit more comfort and strength to push on with our journeys and for all of our journeys to have positive endings...

Lots of baby dust for us all and here is to a positive and happy 2014 image - i didnt really want a 2013 baby anyway! lol.x

• Thanks a little wish. I really really hope it is for all Of us, just seems so unfair xx

• Hi ladies

Levi hope ur feeling a bit better, big hugs sweetie.

Alittlewish and justmarried u both must be looking forward to relaxing for a bit and enjoying a big glass of wine over the festivities.

Hayleigh not long now.

I've just come out of the clinic, was very quick. Got 2 follies over 10 and lots more coming, left side stronger than right but still time for all the others to catch up, gotta carry on as I am and got next scan tues when I should get a date for EC! Really nervous now but hopefully will all be worth it FC.

XxxxxxxxX