Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Got referred for IVF after Lap & dye

Hi everyone,

never thought that we would need IVF but then again I always feared that I might have Endometriosis.

Got a Lap & Dye test done 2 weeks ago and they found some Endometriosis that they removed and found out that both my tubes are blocked image

The Gynaecologist told me that he contacted a fertility clinic straight after the operation and that we should get an appointment with them even before I see him for the post Op appointment! So I should hear something within the next 4 weeks.

We live in Scotland and apparently the waiting lists for IVF here are 2 long years and I think we get 2 attempts. 

Scary but at least we know now why it never worked for us. We are TTC since May 2012. 

Could anyone tell us if they do any more tests at the fertility clinic before they put you on the list for IVF or are we on this list already straight after the referral?

Thanks & good luck to everyone image

Replies

• Oh wow that sounds like there trying to get something done! Ive also been ttc since may 2012 and had an lap that month to fix a tiled womb, they found that i had endermetreosis also which they removed. However they never reffered me to anyone after that. Only done a blood test a couple months ago to check im ovulating, which i had to have repeated yesterday. So ive got to wait for the results for those to come back. Ive bedn given an appointment for feb to see a gyno/fertility dr that me and my other half both have to attend.

I would assume they'd do more tests on you at the fertility clinic to see if everythings alright before they would attempt ivf.

Good luck x
  • Hi,

thank you for your reply. Well I got blood tests done at my local GP ages ago to see if I am ovulating and that came all back normal. I do ovulate but my cycles are pretty short 22-25 days, sometimes they are a bit irregular as well. Have anything from 22-29 days.

The gyn doesn't think that's normal? No idea if my hormones are maybe all over the place. My other halfs sperm test came back as well and he does produce some sperm but its not a lot. Only 1 ml instead of 1,5 ml which is the norm. But the ones he got are good ones. But then again he only handed in 1 sample and never the second one..I guess he was worried lol. image But I am sure they test him again at the clinic, cause they have to make sure that his sperm is okay for ivf?!

I guess we will get many more tests done before they tell us if we can attempt ivf.

Just wonder what other things they test at these clinics.

Good luck to you, too x

• Have you read up on what type of tests are done for ivf? Might be worth you doing so. From what ive looked into theres scans and all sorts done! Aww my chap was advised to go to his gp and send a sample in but he still hasnt incase it comes back as his fault i havent got pregnant yet. But hes also said they'll be testing hi at the feb appointment anyway so no point, think hes just embaressed to do it. Ye they will test him again at the clinic to make sure things are all good. X
  • oh wow I am glad my other half isn't the only one that is so worried about it being his fault. Even tho we already know that its most likely a mix of us both with my Endo and tubes slightly blocked and his swimmers not being that many.

Okay thanks I will read up about it online. I got a scan done as well before my operation to rule out any cysts and PCOS. So the scan came back fine, too.

But its good to get all this done, to give us the best chance with the treatment image

All the best for you. If you like you can keep me updated how things are going for you. x