Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

IVF NHS wait times

Hi Ladies

I am wondering from experience if any of you could help with my question??

I was told by a friend who has previously had IVF a few years ago (free NHS cycle) that once you are already at the clinic and have had all the investigations etc done there is no wait list should you choose to go for IVF?? I am being treated at Calderdale Royal 

Quick outline of my TTC journey so far- Me- 27 DH- 27, TTC 2.5 years, had hormone, egg count and all tests done etc (all fine), DH had sperm test (above average so hes fine) Had lap and dye done sept 2013 showed hydrosalpinx in left tube- left tube clipped in op. right tube open slight damage to one end of tube. 

Currently on 3rd cycle of Clomid however we were given the option of IVF at last appointment or try on fertility meds the consultant does think as its tubal problems the best chance of conceiving would be IVF. We have decided to now go for the IVF after giving it 3 months on Clomid however we dont go back to the hospital until 27th Jan for our review where will then ask to go for IVF, we already know we are eligible for a free cycle so its just the matter of waiting or not waiting to get started??

I am new to baby expert sorry if this question has been asked before

Thanks image

Replies

• Hi Bboothy, I have just been to my hospital appintment today, and applied for nhs funding for IVF. They have said it's usually about 2 week until you hear back from them with an approval. My Dr said to me, once that is done, the process can start pretty quickly. I am booked to go back in March (enough time for test results and nhs approval) and he said we could get going in April/May time. Best of luck for the 27th Jan. x

• I am going with ivf I have to
  • Have surgery. I have palsys
  • I am going with ivf I have to