Forum home› Getting pregnant› IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help need advice : (

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone can help:

Me and my husband have our first appointment at guys hospital on Tuesday and I don't know what to expect.

My Husbands got a cancer gene running through his family that's why we enquired about PGD, we have to go through ivf anyway as I suffer with crohns disease in my ileum and had to have surgery which has resulted in my right fallopian tube being scarred and my fsh slightly high on the positive I have a good egg count so that's one good thing, my husband is completely fine no worries with him at all.
The hard part is they haven't done PGD on this gene before, so it can take up to 2 years investigation before we can actually start treatment and hope it works for us to have our family.

We don't know whether to wait or go down normal ivf .... does anyone know how long the waiting list is for normal ivf in Brighton area?
I'm just so emotionally and physically drained I just want our family. We have been trying naturally 2 years and started with the hospital this year time seems to be going so slow!!!
I just don't know what to do for the best I've always wanted to be a mum and feel like everything's on hold at the moment.

I hope someone has any advice to help.
Thank you for you time x