Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

Sucess stories :)

hi evreyone!!! Im about to go down the ivf route afta 3 years ttc!! Its so scary and i just feel like im entering the unknown!! Has anyone got any stories they can tell me, good or bad!! xx 

Replies

• hi chelley.

my sister & her husband had tried for 6 years with no success... They then started IVF (icsi). First 2 transfers didnt take but third one did... She had a little boy & he is 1 year old today! 😊

it can be a long & emotionally tough journey but is all worth it in the end.

good luck!

• Hi SW2 thanks for ur reply. 

Thats brilliant news :) u kno how u say the first 2 trasfers didnt work does that mean they had to pay for the last 2? I think wer i live i get one free round then have to pay if they dont work xx

• No they didnt have to pay.... they had one round of the ivf egg collection... But that got enough eggs for all 3 transfers.... So she didnt have to go through the whole process each time... Just the embryo transfer for the 2nd & 3rd try. She still has 2 left that are frozen. They have to pay an annual storage fee for those & now that they have a child, they would have to pay for the procedure to thaw & implant them but it will be a lot less than the full round of ivf. 

• Ahhh i see!!! I thort u had to go threw the whole process if it didnt work. i didnt know they saved eggs!! So thats good then isnt it, i suppose uve just gotta keep ur fingers crossed that they collect a few eh! I dont know why but the thort of ivf does scare me. I really didnt want to go down this route but if thats what it takes then im deffineltey gunna do it!! Im gunna send my form off tommorow and they treat u within 18 weeks it says. How much time off work did ur sister need? Xxx 

• Nothing really... Odd few hours here & there for scans / bloods & the days of transfer but no major time off needed.