Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Confused with Good news

Hello 

i I apologise I am unfamiliar with all the lingo I'm new to this. 

Not sure we're to start 

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-embarassed.gif

well im 31 I have a heart condition so I am currently going through a genetic form of IVF pdg ( I think that's the right way round) I have polysystic ovaries and a heart shaped womb I have never been pregnant. 

Im confused as I have been explained but I'm still a bit confused. I had 36 eggs taken out last week 17 were fertilised 6 made it to be biopsied and they say I may have another one tomorrow and they are all good quality. I am very greatful for any eggs and I am really pleased with the 6 we have been given hope with but does the drop in numbers mean I produce bad eggs ( for a want of a better phrase ) it seems a big drop. My condition is a 50/50 to be passed on genetically I guess I'm just afraid that they way numbers have dropped one won't survive 

sorry I babbled on their but are those numbers normal? I'm just pleased 6 have survived what we had pictured to be an egg boot camp and maybe one more tomorrow image 

thank you for reading image x

Replies

• Options

hi, we have done IVF twice now and the first time they were able to retrieve all the eggs from the left ovary only because the right ovary was way to high up for them to reach with the needle. but they did get out 16 eggs. 6 out of 8 fertilized with natural fertilization and 5 out of 8 fertilized with ICSI and by the time day 5 came around we only had 2 good quality embryos to transfer and none at all left to freeze. they were just not healthy enough to be frozen. i did get pregnant and everything went fine until i was 5 weeks and 6 days along and i unfortunately had a miscarriage due to a SCH image we just did IVF again and this time they got ALL the eggs from both ovaries and there were 26 in all, i have PCOS also, and this time we were also left with only 11 fertilized. we actually had 2 great quality embryos to transfer this time and 3 to freeze for later image so just because you don't have many towards the end doesn't mean they are bad quality, you have to think about also if the eggs were all mature and which ones weren't and some just don't develop like others do. i am not an expert but i heard that for a lot of women when they go for round #2 they actually have better quality eggs and usually left with some to freeze and that was the case with us. i hope everything works out with you! let me know how it goes image