Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

CLOMID SCAN

I'm a bit worried as I'm about to start clomid and I keep reading on here most women on clomid go for a scan around cd10. This wasn't mentioned to me by my doctor I had a scan about two months ago but should I have been asked to go for another one once i start the clomid. My doctor hasn't even said anything about contacting him til my appointment which Is in October!!!!! Any advice???

Replies

• I am desperately wanting a baby and saw your post. I was due to start clomid prescribed by my doctor over the next few days but they changed my apt for another 6 months time :( heartbreaking!! Did you have any clomid left after your cycle? I'm desperate to start, have all the information needed but just need the actual tablet. I don't want to buy it off an online pharmacy as it could be anything. I need to find someone who has had it prescribed by a uk doctor. I would be so grateful to you if you could help!! Thank u xx

• I'm about to start taking Clomid today (days2-6) and was told by my consultant to arrange a scan as soon as AF arrives. I spoke to the nurse yesterday who said they try to do a scan as close to day 13 of your cycle as they can. 

The consulatant said the scan is just to check the clomid works and the dose doesn't need changing so if you ovulate first cycle no need for another scan. 

Hope that helps.