Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

Egg freezing at 41?

Hiya

Just a bit of general advice needed. Just going through a big painful break up which is really raw at the moment. We were TTC & despite getting pg naturally, less than a year after we started trying we lost the baby at 9 wks. Totally, heartbroken & still coming to terms with it. Always wanted to be a Mummy & know I'm destined to be a Mummy since I was 16! Gave up hope when Mr Right never came along. But then met who I thought was Mr Right. Turns out he was only 'Mr Here For As Long As It Suits Me'! and he just upped & left with no answers or explanations yesterday, although he officially told me last Monday that he wanted to leave! Anyway whilst (against ALL odds) hoping that the last time we dtd before he left is the time I will be blessed with the baby I know I'm going to have (trying to be positive), in the likely event that this doesnt happen I am considering having my eggs frozen, so that if & when I do meet Mr Right we can have the family that I've always dreamed of & pined for. just wondered about general costs & probability of viable eggs at 41. I did get pregnant naturally in May this year, after 10 mths trying to conceive which I think is a good sign but wondered if anyone had any experience of this or any advice. 

Thank you so much x 

Replies