Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

IUI ADVICE PLEASE!!!

Hello, my partner and I are currently on our first iui cycle. My partner is taking gonal-f 37.5 every other day as well as burselline 0.25 every day. We went for a scan today and have 4 follicles growing. Three are at 10mm and one is at 9mm. Our clinic will only go ahead with the iui with two mature follicles. We have another scan on Monday where they said they would lower the dosage if all 4 are still growing. 

I was just wondering what the chances are of 2 of the follicles slowing down and 2 taking off and maturing as we really don't want our cycle cancelled. Has anyone else experienced this at all? Any advice or experiences would be great. 

Also my partner is having brown discharge, not a lot just when she wipes after going to the loo, her period finished 4 days ago so we aren't sure what this brown blood could be? Has anyone else experienced this? Our clinic suggested it could be the end of her period but may not be and didn't offer any other advice they werent all that helpful to be honest which wasn't very reassuring.

Many thanks :) image

Replies

• Hi there, was just wondering how you and your partner got on? Did your IUI go ahead? My partner and myself are going through our first attempt at IUI.  i had the insemination on Friday and it will be a long two week wait to find out if it's been successful. 

Hope everything went well :)