Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Help new to IVF

Hi Ladies

I have just got referred by my fertility dr, she said i should get a call to arrange to bring our passport and they will ask us some questions. She said the waitlist is 6months as im in croydon. Just wondering if anyone can give me a step by step as to timescales, like when to expect the call and how long and how many appts we have before it all starts

Thanks Im excited , FYI had lap they found endo that they cant treat

xx

Replies

• Options

I found out really quickly but the date was about 6 months from getting the letter x 

• Options

Hi

I was told there was no waiting list as such, it's more about availability at your local hospital. we had all our treatment at Guys hospital and it was amazing. although it can be a long wait before you start treatment, once you have your first appointment treatment starts pretty quickly.

Once you start it's pretty much go and your normal life is put on hold, try and ensure you have no holidays booked or big events so you can focus on your cycle. as you will know you are only offered a few cycles so do all you can to make it work.

I've only had 1 cycle and amazingly it was successful so if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Good luck, and I hope you get a letter soon.

• Options

Time really depends on your hospital, but yeah 6-8 months almost anywhere