Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

Clomid and pregnyl

I've been reading these boards for quite a while but this is my first time posting. I am a little confused and this is quite long so thank you to who ever reads this. Me and my OH have been ttc for 14 months. I'm 20 and was diagnosed with PCOS in January 2015 when I was 18. I had the depo injection in October 2015 and again January 2015. Ever since them I had been suffering really badly with bleeding everyday and pain I was prescribed tramadol for the pain and was often hospitalised. I then had a laparoscopy done for suspected endometriosis and was told I don't have that I have no cysts on my ovaries anymore and that I have a retrovert uterus. But still haven't managed to get pregnant. My OH is fine in terms of he's sperm and health. This month I have taken 100mg of clomid CD (cycle day) 2-6 and had no side effects at all. Only thing I have noticed is I'm a bit more spotty than usual. On CD (cycle day) 9 I had a 5000iu shot of Pregnyl in my belly. OH had to do is it as I am a right mardy bum. Today is CD (cycle day) 10 and I'm feeling no side effects. I have read that if you do a hpt after having a trigger shot you will receive a false positive. So me being a serial poas addict I've done about 5 since my shot which was around 6:30pm yesterday. I wanted to see if it was working and they've not even had a hint of a line? My opk isn't even positive. I did one before and there's the line but it is not as dark as the test line and it's been the same since before I had the trigger shot. Does this mean it isn't working? It says you ovulate 36 hours after the shot which would be around 11 hours from now so surely an opk would pick up my surge or at least the hcg but nothing? I'm really confused? I am using conceive plus and taking folic acid a multi vitamin and a baby aspirin to help this cycle but my hopes are low. Can somebody please help me understand what's going on if possible? Anybody who has any experience with these drugs? I'm so sorry for going on but me an my OH really want to have a baby together.

Replies

• Please anyone?

• I forgot to mention that I no longer have pain or bleeding and I'm now having regular 28 day cycles 

• Hi molmol

Someone linked your question in the clomid forum. Can i ask why you were only given 5000iu? I am on the same injection but i take 10,000 so double your dose. Usually within a couple of hours of the injection my opk and hpt are positive so it sounds like it has not worked for you. 

Were you scanned before the injection? Cd 9 is very early for it. Unless your follicles are over 18mm in size that early then i would never think a consultant would suggest it.

For example this cycle i was scanned on cd 14, my follicle was 21 mm so they gave me the injection. Last cycle my follicles were only 11mm so i didn't take it till much later in my cycle.

As far as symptoms go, i had my injection on Tuesday (today is Thursday and 36 hrs was at 2am for me) and i have no side effects. I usually get them after 4-5 days. Apart from the tests i mean.

Personally, i would contact your consultant and suggest a further injection.

Good luck! 

• Hi ladies can I ask what the injection is?

I'm 22 and me and my husband to be have been ttc for 18months now but no luck

i was diagnosed with pco in  2015 and was given clomid to start taking from the 2nd day of my next cycle and have to go for a scan on my 12th day to see if it's working for me? 

Can you ladies help me understand what the injection is or when maybe I can have it as I'm desperate for a baby with my partner 

• It's a hcg injection. I'm taking it to release the eggs the clomid makes me have as I don't ovulate by myself that much. It also helps ladies who ovulate too late in their cycle as you typically ovulate 36 hours from the shot. I'd see if you ovulate on your own from this cycle before asking about the shot as you may be successful without it. I tried letrozole last year and didn't ovulate from it so now I'm on clomid I'm taking the hcg because it's unlikely my body will ovulate naturally. Hope this helps xx

• Yes as molmol said it is typically for people who do not ovulate often. I had a few failed rounds of clomid as my body grew follies but didn't release the eggs xx

• I've just had a 1,500iu shot today CD 11 as a booster to trigger my ovulation as I haven't yet ovulated but I think my body rejects the hcg and I've had no symptoms from the clomid either so I think it's rejected that. I've been ttc for so long that I actually give up. My body even rejects letrozole. I'm so gutted I just want to ovulate or have side effects. I'm still havin negative hpt since the booster shot today and that one was done intramuscular instead of subcutaneous. I'm just really starting to give up xx

• Still your injections are really low. As i said i take 10,000iu i would ask about a higher dose. Oh hon, I know how you feel. I've been trying since December 2015 now. It is so hard. I have pcos, fibroids, a tilted pelvis and a split womb. Hubby has poor quality swimmers (only 2% are of any use) i am clomid resistant and don't ovulate on my own often. I am thankful for trigger injections to allow me to use letrozole.

Don't give up, it will all be worth it. Hugs xx

• Plus I'll be 30 this year! Tick tock tick tock xx

• I've got my fingers crossed for you. You deserve your bfp. Is a tilted pelvis similar to a tilted uterus? I have a tilted uterus I was told I didn't have any cysts on my ovaries. I have only ever had mini follicles. I used to have irregular periods constantly and now there 28 days and I'm so thankful loosing weight got them on track again but I just cannot conceive it's driving me insane. I was really hoping that the clomid and pregnyl would do something but it obviously hasn't no side effects negative opks and hpts. I'm going to ask for a higher shot next time an if that doesn't work give up. I just don't understand how my body has gone back to normal but is declining the fertility meds. I have got everything crossed that you get your beautiful baby soon because you deserve it. I guess we just have to have faith that one day it will happen more than likely when we don't expect it. We get mad and jealous well I do anyway lol at others getting pregnant after a month of trying. My beat friend is 20 and is pregnant again after giving birth in January it just seems not fair. My other friend who is 21 has had her 2nd and my other friend who's 23 has got 2 daughters and I'm here like yeah I've got a dog if that counts lol. It's horrible. Are you on a cycle atm? Btw I'm only 20 xx

• Are you in metformin at all? I found that really helped me. I have a lot of cysts so if this cycle does not work my consultant suggests ovarian drilling next. Yes i meant a tilted uterus sorry. It is so hard when everyone around you are getting pregnant but please don't lose hope! 

I *SHOULD* be ovulating today, so fingers crossed this protocol works. Do you chart to confirm ovulation?

I really hope this is your cycle! Xx

• No I don't take metformin my doctor it isn't necessary because I suffer from low blood sugars an it would make me really poorly. An omg I don't even know what that is but it sounds scary. I'm suppose to ovulate tomorrow but it should of been yesterday morning but who even knows lol. At least we can be cycle buddies? I'm on cd 11 right now. An no I don't chart I use opks I never get ewcm so I've been using conceive plus. Whenever I do ovulate I get bad ovulation pains so that way I know. Every bring crossed for you xx

• imagethat is my opk from Monday that's the darkest it's been I had a shot the day after and one today and there much fainter than that one? That was the day after my last clomid tablets. I'm confused as they went that dark an then got lighter I'd of thought they'd be darker now? Xx

• Yes! Total cycle buddies!

So strange about your opks, this is mine and my injection was 2 days ago now. I really would question your doses with the consultant on your next appointment.

• What size was your follie/follies? Xx

• What ovulation tests do u ladies recommended I used clearblue and spent a fortune to not get one positive ovulation day..

also do you think conceive plus works? 

• This is the bad part I didn't get scanned this cycle I got told to do the shot as soon as I got a positive opk and by the looks of my opks they were the darkest they could get because they started to get lighter I did the shot but it's not working inside me at all. If it isn't coming up on a hpt then something is wrong. I'll show you all my opks from over the days image

• The clear blue digital ones are the best but there too expensive I just use one step ones I got 20 for about 3 pound on amazon and I've only just started it this cycle so ill let you know depending on if I get bfp or af

• Can you tell me what ones the best ones please imageimage 

and what the difference is between them

• I honestly couldn't tell you. I'd have a look at the reviews I've never seen the blue one before x