Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

Bled but BFP, confused???

I had 2 embies transfers from a fresh IVF cycle on the 17th of June -  but I started bleeding like a period  on the 25th June - it lasted 3 days - it was dark brown-red with some blood cloths as well - normally my period is 5 days and I wasn't due still 27th...I did my pregnancy test on the 29th and its BFP.. I couldn't believe my eyes, has anyone has been in similar situation?? I am going crazy. Hospital booked scan for 13th July but how am I meant to worry and wait till then...

Replies

• Hello, congrats on your BFP :) 

Not sure about IVF, but when I got my BFP I also bled brownish for a few days with small clots, and I am 21 weeks pregnant now... It could just be your new little bean settling in, with the bleeding being from the implantation. Good luck! 

• When I was pregnant last year my IB was dark red and brown And heavy enough to use a tampon. Sounds like implantation to me x good luck x

• I dont know i read it could have an silent miscarage but it i got bfp after 3 days may be hormons r hight i had miscarriage b4 so bit sad and confused

• I know this is extremely scary but is common with most IVF pregnancies and most turn out just fine so relax and stay positive...xx

• Thank you yes it was fine I am 8 wk pregnant now :) x