Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

single mother over 40

I've just separated from my boyfriend of many years since he's decided he doesn't want a child and I do. I just turned 43 and wondering what my options are. Any advice appreciated.

Replies

• @baelissima.. first of all.. are you sure you wanna go ahead with all of this while being single? If you are ready there are many options.

You can consider adoption or getting a sperm donor. It would be better to ask your doctor first and have your hormones tested. Your doctor will tell you which tests you need to have done.

Then you can try IVF. It might take more than one attempt to get a BFP.

Everything depends on your health, financial stability and will.

Good luck!

• I think you have lots of options. Only things is your age. You should do some general check of your body, the blood test and all just to see in what condition is your body. Taking out a pregnancy all the way to the end takes some preparations, especially at your age. There are lots of options, of course. The best recommendable would be a sperm donor. Have you checked your fertility btw? All true options came out of knowledge of your fertility state, then we could discuss more details about how to get pregnant.

• Hi there, hope you are doing fine. There are lots of ways to become a parent. But firstly, you should go to a fertility clinic to check your health and fertility. If everything is good, you will need to do an IUI or ICSI. It usually takes 2-3 cycles to get pregnant. If IUI is not an option, then there's IVF. If it doesn't work out, then there's a surrogacy option. If the quality of your eggs is unsatisfactory, you may use a donor egg. IVF will be used in this case. But if none of these options fit, then you can start thinking about adoption. As you can see, there are many ways to have a child. Everything depends on your fertility and financial situation. I think that if there are people who will be able to support and help you, you should have a child. It's the greatest happiness in the world! Wish you all the luck in the world and loads of baby dust!