Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Letrozole 25mg/Monitored Ultrasounds/ Trigger Shot (HCG 10,000)

I know this is an older board but I was wondering if someone is out there....

This is my first cycle trying Letrozole (2.5mg x 10 at once at bedtime around CD5?), followed by ultra sounds then Trigger Shot (HCG 10,000).

I have been through alot the past 15months of trying, last month (2nd cycle after surgery to unblock tubes) & they said I ovulated really good on my own but I didn't ovulate till cycle day 28, my cycle was 45 days long! 
So this month we paid the money for them to monitor and control my cycle.

We are trying to go for twins, well that is if my body can ovulate 3 mature follicles before releasing. When I say trying, just means trying, I don't know if it will work out. But at the end of the day doctors don't know if I can do this again after achieving this pregnancy.

Anyways....

I was put on BC for 2 weeks, tomorrow I stop taking it, they expect me to bleed (they are mimicking my period) for 2 days then I take the Letrozole next Thursday, then the following Tuesday I go in every other day for an ultra sounds for them to monitor me, once we are happy with the follicles and their sizes, we will do the trigger shot.

She said there is a 25% chance of it working first time and if my body does make 3 good follicles I have a 15% chance of twins.

Has anyone done this route? Has it worked first time? Singleton or twins?
Since I ovulated very well by myself last month (which I never ovulated before surgery ever), do you think it's possible for me to get 3 good size follicles?

TIA!

Replies