Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

Not sure what is next

Hi Ladies,wondering if you can help. Myself and Hubby been trying for 13 months now and nothing happening. I have had bloods and scan and both normal. My hubby has come back as low count but not really bad. We have been referred to fertility clinic and now everything going through our minds as to what will happen next. I'm starting to panic thinking we won't be offered any treatment as they might think we need to lose weight first. We are both healthy, have had mini MOTs and both got good results but not the thinnest.

Am I being silly and should I just wait until we go to the clinic see why they say? X

Replies

• Hi Loopylou88 I didn’t want to read and run but I just wanted to wish you the best of luck. Myself and H2B have been trying for just over 2 years and we were in the same position as you back in June this year. All bloods & SA okay.  We had our first fertility clinic appt where the consultant ordered us for more tests so we were up to date we were too nervous we wouldn’t meet the critiria though I just wanted to reassure you they’ll guide you through things so try not to worry too much re weight etc. He went through the initial instructions of advising partner to quit smoking and that the clinic was every 4 months (so they would check up on us again then if we haven’t conceived - that 4 months is now next week for our next appointment so I’m not sure what that involves) he referred me for a lap & dye in the meantime  as I had the classic symptoms of endometriosis and a endometrium cyst was seen on a scan in the May. Sadly I have severe endometreosis with both tubes blocked so I think my next app is to arrange tube removal before ivf referral. 

Its such a long and draining process with the struggle of ttc however I just wanted to let you know you’re not alone. Keep your head high we’re in this together 😊 xx