Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

NHS IVF - timelines

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can help from their own IVF experience - My husband and I have been very lucky to have been offered NHS funded IVF/ICSI. We have our group meeting Thursday 20th Sept at Birmingham Women's where they tell you the ins and outs of the treatment. We have also been told at this meeting we will be given a nurse appointment for us to sign the consent forms and receive a prescription for the medication. I understand we may have to wait up to 6 weeks for this appointment so I already have my head around that.

I have a few questions that I could do with answering as I'd like to get my head around before the group meeting and to maybe prompt me to think of other questions for the meeting. 

How long after signing the consent forms would treatment actually start? Will the meds be ordered in for us by the hospital to be delivered to our home address or would I need to sort that myself? Will we be offered a drug teaching session?

Many thanks to anyone that replies. I am very grateful.

Replies

• Options

Hiya, I can’t offer any advice on how it works with the NHS side of things. But I have just completed a private ICSI cycle which has worked first time and I’m now nearly 12 weeks. And know the order of things being done.

If you want to private message me any questions I’d be happy to help in any way I can. Good luck on this crazy journey youre about to embark on, it’s so worth it in the end. 

Fingers crossed for you. X