Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

Need some advice

hi. So my journey so far is been ttc for over a year. I’m booked in for day 21 bloods and dh for semen sample and have been referred to fertility clinic. 

few questions as I don’t know answers. 

Is getting tubes flushed sore?

could your tubes be blocked and you dont know?

just feeling a bit confused as to what to expect after bloods and semen test. 

Thanks 

Replies

• Hi hun, I am very used to ivf lol so Don’t worry. The tests you are having arecthe 1st steps that they need to take. you will have Blood tests to check your hormone levels, this lets them know if you are still producing healthy eggs. sperm analysis will be to eliminate any male favor infertility. 

The flush on your tubes, I remember no Pain as you are given anestetic and they put a dye in your tubes to see if it runs out the other end. dont Worry, it’s great news that they are investigating And it’s a step in the right direction. X

• And yes your tubes can be blocked amd you don’t know. X

• Feel like I should be relieved that taking right steps but actually just feel terrified. Have you had any success with IVF?x

• It’s natural to be terrified. I’m a control freak Lol.  I have had 4 rounds of ivf. 1st failed, 2nd bfp however had a missed miscarriage. 3rd frozen embryo transfer failed and I am currently 6 weeks pregnant with my 4th round. I am nearly 40 and I have blocked tubes, and low hormone levels. I have lots of friends that had it work first time. You may not even need ivf yet hun. If your tubes are blocked and not damaged they can unblock them. Mine where too badly damaged. They will access your blood results are the due test result and then decide the next course of action. Usually its a drug called Clomid that they put you on to see if that works first. 

please don’t worry. Ivf is extremely successful even if you do need it. xx