Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

1st round clomid, about to take day 3

hi all

this ttc is a tricky business. i was diagnosed with PCOS in summer of 2015 after coming off the pill and no period for 9 months. put me on provera and so been taking this.

i have unwanted hair, a little overweight and no periods. but no achny, not severly overweight etc.

we miraculously concieved this year but sadly she was stillborn in the summer. heartbreak doesnt even come close. we are now trying again and was prescribed clomid.

i take 10mg provera for 14 days but started to spot on day 13 but still took 14 pills. the last day of the provera pill my consultant told me to count as cd1, so took my first clomid of cycle day 2 and will take it till friday, cd6.

i am scared that becuase of strong pcos (unwanted hair and no periods) it wont work. id give anyhtign for this to work first time. 

is anyone in same boat as me? same symtoms or has been in same boat and clomd been successful?

i would really love to hear some positive stories. thanks for reading :)

Replies

• Hiya

i have pcos too and did 2 rounds of 50mg clomid with the ovidrell injection.

unfortunately neither rounds worked for me however I responded well to the clomid. 1st round follicle was 17.5mm and 2nd round was 20.5mm

i didn't suffer from many side effects however clomid gave me terrible spots and a few hot flushes. my tip would be to take clomid just before you go to sleep at night so you can sleep off any side effects you may have

So sorry for your loss and sending you lots of luck x