Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Egg Sharing for Free IVF

I’m in the uk and I am after some Info on Egg Sharing to get free IVF!
I’m wondering if anyone has done this and if it is free or are there hidden charges. Also would I qualify if have both ovaries but only one fallopian tube? How long does it take from ringing them to the actual transfer? I’m running out of time. My nearest clinic says you need to be between 18-35 to qualify. Does this mean up until the day before I 36? Xx 

Replies

• edited May 1, 2019 10:40PM
    Hi @SweetCherryPie

Not quite the same but my friend has just been told she could have the £4,000 fee waived to freeze her eggs if she donated 6 eggs. The only cost she'd have to pay is for a £400 fertility check. If she passes the fertility check she is eligible for the freezing and the donation. She was told she had to be under 35. Specifically the procedure had to be finished before her 35th birthday. 
    Each clinic must be slightly different and IVF obviously costs more so i think you just need to speak to your clinic and ask for more info.